Emma Pro Feedback

I wouldn’t put anything that blocks usage.

The way we see it is more an extension of the current product, which is already great. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What would be really nice and would encourage people to upgrade is some sort of limited Pro trial.

Maybe with all the features, but data export limited to the last week etc., so there’s still a good reason to sign up, but users can get a feel for the added benefits before signing up.

It would definitely help with referrals, for example.

On pricing, I think it has to be below the very cheapest PAYG SIM only phone contracts to attract a lot of sign ups, so @Aldot has it about right above, I think

Yes, we are adding free trials with the introduction of transactions splitting.

Why do you think this helps referrals? Our thought was the opposite. :slight_smile:

If someone is new to the app, they are unlikely to want to sign up to Pro straight away. So typically you’ll refer someone and they like the free version, but are unlikely to upgrade, at least for quite a while.

If you could get a feel for the Pro benefits at the start, I think you’d be more likely to upgrade and to upgrade sooner.

Edit: just my experience though! Maybe your stats tell you something different

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. We’ll definitely add free trials.

Do you think there should be other places to make the Pro visible?

When will splitting come into effect?

1 Like

We have finished building this in the backend, so I hope end of the month.

We have got a few big things planned, so some features might shift slightly.

Good to hear!

If you guys have feature requests, we are more than happy to listen/iterate and add them in the Pro plan too. :pray:

In the app?

I would include placeholders for some of the features, like dummy accounts, greyed out, so free users are reminded of what they’re missing out on!

Yes, we actually wanted to add this back in January when we launched; but we didn’t put any pressure. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think if you do it right, it can actually look really good. The trick is not to put “Pro” on every greyed out button and not to immediately link to the Pro upgrade page - just a page telling users what the unavailable feature is.

Otherwise, yeah, it can make the app ugly and feel like you’re being pressured to upgrade.

You just want all users to “see” the Pro app.

I have got a new phone recently and started downloading apps like crazy.

I was surprised to see how many apps sell their Pro version right away without even looking at the basic one. :laughing:

I don’t have Emma Pro. It costs a bit more than I’m willing to pay for this type of app and none of the Pro features are features I’m particularly interested in. However, I’d actually be willing to make voluntary donations for the free version. If there was a donate option, I’d donate £1 to £2 per month for the free version.

1 Like

What features are you interested in? :slight_smile:

This is cool and thank you for even mentioning this. It really means a lot to us.

The only problem is we are not a charity. ehehe :smiley:

I don’t know if there any which could be Pro-type features.

I’ve made a few product enhancement suggestions on the forum over the last few weeks. These are the only things I can think of that I would like to see in Emma that aren’t currently available or are currently limited in some way. But I suspect none of these are Pro-type features.

In some kind of order of desirability:
Accounts tab organisation and sorting
Better search
Editing pending transactions
Better/user-assisted transaction linking
Link to merchant search from within transactions
Feedback on logo submissions
Support for 3rd party keyboards

Some for-profit companies do it. For example, The Guardian newspaper has a Contributor option which allows you to contribute as little as £1 either as a one-off or regular payment and is independent of their Premium subscription tiers.

1 Like

:moneybag: just take the money! Put it towards a charity…

1 Like

This is cool.

I like this list, but they definitely don’t fit in Pro. ehehe

In terms of Pro features, I think we are good for now.

Transactions Splitting is coming this month with free trials.