Google Keyboard (Gboard) in Emma (iOS)

I use Google Keyboard (Gboard) on my iPhone.

However, when I am using Emma, Gboard seems to get disabled and I can’t seem to select for use in Emma. Is that by design or is it a bug?

1 Like

It’s by design, we disable custom keyboards in Emma.

OK thanks.

By the way, the reason I would like to be able to use custom keyboards in Emma is because Apple’s own keyboard does not support swype typing. This is my preferred method of typing so it’s a bit irritating not having it in Emma.

Do you mean for writing notes?

We disabled this cause custom keyboards were having issues with our chat. :slight_smile:

Yes notes and chat/help would be the two places I would type something long enough to miss access to my usual keyboard.

1 Like

We are not a dating app. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Whilst on the topic, why does the chat default to lower case all the time?

1 Like

Eeheheh, I think this is a bug we have.

We need to check this.

Happily, Apple will be adding swipe typing support to its native keyboard in iOS 13 :grinning:

2 Likes

Yep swipe works well in ios 13 and in emma

1 Like

I’ve never used swipe typing is it quicker?

I find it quicker. But probably takes a bit of time to get used to (I’ve been using it for a while so can’t quite remember how long it took me to get comfortable with it).

1 Like

It’s so much faster I now try to swipe any on screen keyboard - shame when it doesn’t work. I’d not downgrade from ios 13 no matter what the bugs now it has swipe!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for QuickPath typing ngl. It’s the one thing I really miss from my oneplus!

1 Like