Emma Pro Feedback

Everything disappears automagically.

And add custom emoji/icon.

1 Like

And then reappears automagically if you become Pro again as Iā€™ve found out.

Yes, thatā€™s the case.

My wishlist :wink:

Manual accounts would be way more useful with some configurable automation.

Say I have a custom account that is a cash ISA that pays 1.2% interest, and I pay in Ā£200 per month on 22nd of each month. If I could set a regular contribution amount and a known interest rate, that account would effectively keep pace with reality.

Also, it would be great to be able to do the same with negative amounts, for example loans.

Say I have an unsecured personal loan of Ā£2000 repayable over two years, that charges 9.9% APR. If I could set this up as a manual account, along with the repayment period and APR amount, Emma would effectively be able to show me how much I have outstanding, and what my next payment will be.

In fact, personal loans is one area Emma doesnā€™t really address; we know what out current accounts, savings accounts, credit cards and investments look like, but not any outstanding loan amounts. Could this be added, perhaps as a new section; ā€˜Everydayā€™, ā€˜Savingsā€™, ā€˜Investmentsā€™ and ā€˜Debtsā€™?

Also, and I asked this before on social media, integrating with utility bill aggregators (Onedox is the one I use, and they have an open API) would be great. Emma does a good job of handling subscriptions/ recurring payments, but deep integration with Onedox (Starling Bank does this) would mean we could not only see the amount due, but, for example, jump into the Onedox app and actually view the bill, or see Onedox ā€˜to doā€™ items (such as ā€˜renew car insuranceā€™) within Emma.

Also, any chance of an IFTTT channel? It would be great to be able to use IFTTT to, say, ā€˜add a line to a Google spreadsheet every time I go over my groceries budgetā€™, or even ā€˜Turn my Nest thermostat down every time I exceed my bills budgetā€™.

3 Likes

This is mental. I like it. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, there was a reason I left that one til last!

The Pro lets you add credit cards, so in theory this could be done, but it will skew the number at the top. We are open for extra sections, considering that loans/mortgages will take a while before being included.

It would be great if you could open an Odedox Discussion & Feedback thread in Fintech Chat with some screenshots, so we can all have a look. :wink:

1 Like

Done. Posted here.

Iā€™ve marked my credit cards as hidden as like you mentioned itā€™s skews the numbers. +1 for a separate section for debt or alike as mentioned.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got another suggestion (and itā€™s not IFTTT this time).

Looking at my categories, Iā€™ve done a really bad job of categorising my business expenses. This is because I travel for work, and when I buy lunch, petrol, hotels rooms etc. I often forget to manually categorise them as business expenses. I canā€™t ask Emma to auto categorise them either, because I often buy these same things as personal expenses.

Would it be possible, using notification channels combined with actionable notifications, to have Emma notify the user every time a new transaction is detected, and have an option within the notification to categorise the transaction as ā€˜businessā€™ or ā€˜personalā€™?

Obviously the analytic categorisation would remain the same, so a restaurant bill would always show under ā€˜Eating Outā€™ in analytics.

For example;

If I stop for lunch at Frankie & Bennieā€™s on a Tuesday lunchtime whilst Iā€™m working, when this transaction is detected I receive a notification saying, for example ā€˜Ā£12.50 spent at Frankie & Bennieā€™sā€™ with options in the notification to mark it as either ā€˜Businessā€™ or ā€˜Personalā€™. I then press the ā€˜Businessā€™ button in the notification, and Emma categorises this as an ā€˜Eating Outā€™ expense, and also a ā€˜Businessā€™ expense.

The following day, I go to the cinema with my girlfriend, and, being a crazy cat, grab a bite to eat beforehand, again at Frankie & Bennieā€™s. As before, Emma notifies me when the transaction is detected, and this time I press the ā€˜Personalā€™ button in the notification. Again it is recognised as an ā€˜Eating Outā€™ expense, but this time not categorised as a business expense. Same merchant, only filed differently.

I know this can be done already without notifications, but receiving a prompt when a new transaction is detected would make it easier to stay on top of similar transactions that need to be categorised differently, as the user would be more inclined to deal with them there and then. Having an actionable notification would mean that the user wouldnā€™t even have to open the Emma app, and users who had no use for such notifications could simply not enable them.

Is such an idea feasible?

2 Likes

Sorry for missing this!

I think this is doable and not even hard. The main issue is that itā€™s a small use case, so not sure how we can fit this feature for everyone else.

What we had planned was a feature for uncategorised transactions that acts in this way. ā€œYou get a prompt whenever there is new uncategorised stuffā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry but another vote here for it being overpriced but thatā€™s mainly because the only two features that are Pro only that I care about are manual accounts and custom categories, although for the latter I donā€™t really want these as I would rather have just one or two extras added to the main list. I also use Moneyhub and that costs Ā£10 a year.

What do they offer for Ā£10 a year?

Basically use of the service. I did leave it a while after my trial ended before signing up and I think everything was made read only and none of the existing accounts would update but canā€™t be sure. I definitely couldnā€™t add any new accounts at least.

1 Like

What would be a fair price for Emma Pro? :slight_smile:

I feel that this would help break a psychological barrier in users:

Monthly - Ā£2.99

Six Months - Ā£14.99

Yearly - Ā£23.99

Also, as you know, Iā€™m all for improving the corporate expenses handling. I think actionable notifications as mentioned in this thread would be great. Perhaps it could be an option for people to turn on - if you are someone who uses personal accountability for business expenses etc.

5 Likes

We might as well build Emma for Biz. ehehe :slight_smile:

I think the most Iā€™d be willing to pay is Ā£24 a year but Iā€™d like to see more added to Pro first of allā€¦ but as to what that would be Iā€™m not sure! Iā€™d definitely like more in the way of analysis/graphs.

One other idea (and Iā€™m not suggesting you reduce the functionality of the free version but) if there was say, a limit of 5 accounts for free vs unlimited for Pro that would be something that would get me to upgrade.

1 Like