(Most-Wanted) Features

+1 for web dashboard

I receive money from my friends & family regularly (for some family plans). Is there a way to automatically tag and assign those transactions based on the “transaction name” and/or “transaction description”?

I am new to forums. If this post doesn’t belong here, let me know. I have been using a different app for managing my finances and it had this feature called “rules” which was a life saver for me. I would love to see something similar in Emma

I would love to be able to use Emma with my wife, where we share a current account for the house & a credit card for spending. Currently I build spreadsheets to track everything, but using Emma would save me that time.

However, if I put all of our shared accounts into Emma (without my wife’s personal account), then the budgeting wouldn’t really work because it would be lopsided…

Are there any plans for this at all?

2 Likes

I was actually reviewing this and came out with a new list:

• Dashboard Editing
  • Rolling Budgets / Past Budgets
  • Networth
  • Multiple Editing Transaction / Category
  • Better Search
  • More Integrations
  • Analytics by Account
  • Better Custom Subscriptions
  • Better handling of Yearly Subscriptions
  • Mark when something is paid, but hasn’t been detected
  • Link transactions with Manual Accounts
  • Changes to Pending Transactions
  • Manual Grouping of Accounts
  • Predicted Spending

How does it look?

8 Likes

Includes 2 of my top 3 most wanted, so pretty happy with that :+1:

2 Likes

Changes to edit account logos :innocent:

Awesome :smile: Super excited !!

Rolling Budgets!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Emojis? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can you expand on this?

Would it enable user to group accounts by bank if they wanted?

I don’t think the following idea has been mentioned in this thread.
It didn’t make the new May 2020 list :point_up:, so a shameless plug from me…

I think it would be great if the transactions in the all transaction list and the spending and committed spending lists could contain little bank icons (perhaps next to the category text) to identify at-a-glance which bank each transaction relates to.

2 Likes

I want to let people order their accounts in each section. :slight_smile:

So its to do with letting us change the order within existing pre-defined groups (current accounts, savings accounts, etc) rather than enabling us to create/define groups ourselves?

You can still edit the account type if you want to move them around + if you have order, you get everything.

What I really want is a view that will group my accounts by bank/institution, e.g.

Bank/Institution A
Current Account
Savings Account
Credit Card

Bank/Institution B
Current Account
Savings Account
Credit Card

Bank/Institution C
Current Account
Savings Account
Credit Card

I’d prefer the above instead of or in addition to the existing approach of

Current Accounts
Current Account Bank A
Current Account Bank B
Current Account Bank C

Credit Cards
Credit Card Bank A
Credit Card Bank B
Credit Card Bank C

Savings Accounts
Savings Account Bank A
Savings Account Bank B
Savings Account Bank C

That’s why when you wrote “Manual Grouping of Accounts” I was hopeful I’d be able to do what I want. But that doesn’t now seem to be the case? Editing account type doesn’t help (for me).

I think the list is a great summary and perhaps we could all vote on these some how say using a max of 20 points each.

What i would like to see added and it has been mentioned both by me and others is just better analytics. With more options like 12 months ytd, 12 month rolling on a list of all or chosen categories. Tables and visualisations should be available.

2 Likes

This is a bit too much. :sweat_smile:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Emma in other markets :earth_africa:

Okay,

we have started working on:

• Previous Pay Periods
  • Past Budgets
  • Rolling Budgets (Emma Pro)

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

1 Like