(Most-Wanted) Features

They do end up in the budgeting category after you have paid for it. What do you mean? :slight_smile:

They end up in the budgeting category after Iā€™ve spent them, I guess I just want to have them categorised at the ā€˜Subscriptionsā€™ page as well.

1 Like

You mean under Committed?

They still show in the subscriptions card. eheh

Hey. Iā€™d like to have the option to merge transactions. Sometimes I make a deposit to the ATM and for some reason, they spit out my money again where I have to put it back in and it shows up as two separate deposits, in these cases Iā€™d like to merge them.

Iā€™d also like to be able to add receipts to incoming transactions. Often it might be a refund, a sale of my game console to BestBuy or other. In these situations, it would be nice to add the receipts.

I also believe that @lilli mentioned that there would be a dedicated section in the app you can go to see all your receipts, but I canā€™t find it. Does anyone know where it is?

2 Likes

Hiya @BendikHa :nerd_face:

Weā€™ve put improvements regarding receipts on the back burner while we concentrate on other exciting new features (all hush hush unless you come to the community event :shushing_face::wink:) but Iā€™ll tag @edoardomoreni just so itā€™s on his radar

Wouldnā€™t excluding the other transaction work the same as merging it?

1 Like

Hey @Joel. Excluding the transaction would not work as it would take away from the total balance. Lets say I got three transfers of 10, 20 and 30 USD. If I excluded the first one it would look like I suddenly ONLY got 50 USD into my account.

In regards to the community event, I wish I could attend, but unless youā€™re paying for my air fare from Texas or are live streaming it, I canā€™t attend :wink:

1 Like

@edoardomoreni Are there any plans to add some form of 2 factor authentication when logging into the app from a new phone? As at the moment all you need is the phone number, it opens the app up to a sim hijack exploit.

Another well known finance aggregator has a secret phrase you need to have in order to log in, or can use user given password, or even just require authorisation via email after loging in with phone number

1 Like

Interesting regarding the merging of transactions :thinking:

What do you think @edoardomoreni?

Donā€™t know if this has already been suggested but I split a lot of transactions with my girlfriend, say I pay Ā£100 for a hotel room for us and she sends me Ā£50, Emma will tell me Iā€™ve spent Ā£100 on x, however in reality Iā€™ve only spent Ā£50. Is there a way to manage this in-app? Would be great if you could match up a inward payment with a payment youā€™ve made. So many of my outgoings arenā€™t correct because of this.

Think itā€™s been suggested just above, the thread was too long to read to check :sweat_smile:

We should be able to start storing the PIN on the server, as of today, this is stored locally. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No live stream unfortunately. :sob:

Yes please! That would be a great improvement

Heya Cam :v:

The best way to handle this is to re-categorise the repayment transaction from income to same the category the payment was made for - this will offset the totals.

For example, if you spend Ā£20 for dinner between the two of you and this is payment is categorised as ā€˜Eating Outā€™, the repayment your girlfriend makes to you should also be categorised as ā€˜Eating Outā€™. If she paid you back Ā£10, doing this will reduce your spending in the ā€˜Eating Outā€™ category to Ā£10

2 Likes

Better visualisation of how we are tracking against budget each period.

This is one thing Yolt does well, factoring in the timing of committed expenditure/subscriptions and then averaging out the remainder of the budget.

Any advance or alternatives on when we might get better visualisations for tracking performance against budget?

2 Likes

Yep, this is how my wife and I manage shared costs.

I also pay a few of my mumā€™s bills and she pays me a fixed contribution toward those, so this is another way of managing those receipts without posting them as income.

We have two big circles in Feed and Analytics. Whatā€™s the difference with the line? :slight_smile:

I think with the line you get the average, but it doesnā€™t really represent anything. :sweat_smile:

Actually, there are two lines on the Yolt graphic, one for budget and one for actual, both of which are plotted against time. Time is typically represented on the x-axis in all manner of graphics across every industry, so it is a very clear and intuitive way of tracking rate of spend.

Emma only has a single circle for actual spend, with no visual reference for where we should be against budget at that point in the month.

Also by only having a single axis (radial), representing spend, Emma offers no indication of where the spend is relative to time, ie no indication of rate of spend.

Emmaā€™s format indicates how much Iā€™ve spent in the month to date, and how much Iā€™ve got left, andā€¦

ā€¦and thatā€™s about it. Itā€™s pretty poor.

As is your ability to accept constructive feedback, apparently.

1 Like

ehehehe, I just made a comment, more than happy to understand how you think.

Would it be possible to get some sort of control over how smoothed the accounts line graph is? For example I get a maintenance loan each term, most of which is paid to my college a few days later and therefore doesnā€™t show up as a spike on the graph. I get that some people would want an averaged out version but for me it makes the graph almost useless because I canā€™t get enough information from it.

3 Likes