Chase Bank UK Integration

Access renewed will note back if issue persists

This is fixed.

1 Like

I renewed yesterday, and just had to renew again - I guess about 24 hrs later.

2 Likes

Sorry guys, it’s not on us unfortunately. :expressionless:

I have emailed them again.

1 Like

Daily requests to renew access :upside_down_face:

Just so you know

Yeah, we are talking to Chase - it’s not us.

1 Like

We are getting in a call with them in 30mins.

The issue is clearly on their side and it’s impacting any other app that supports this connection.

We are happy to help them. :grimacing:

Re failed transactions, they’re still showing in my account, and I can’t delete transactions from an OB account. Will you fix this transparently (assuming you have some metadata coming from Chase that would allow you to filter them out?) or will I have to delete & recreate the OB connection at some point in the future? Asking so that I know if I need to pause any investment into retagging/relabelling transactions (the ‘AI bot’ that runs upon import messed narratives quite badly).

We can fix on our side and run a full sync.

1 Like

We had 1hr long call yesterday.

They keep saying it’s an Emma issue, but it defo doesn’t work on MoneyHub (we tried) and no one else is supporting this bank login.

They have promised us to do more digging and let us know on Monday.

We are running it on the same code we use to support more than 50+ banks in the UK, so we are 99.99% convinced it’s them, but we are happy to take the time to help them.

1 Like

To be totally honest, it feels like we are doing consulting work. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Any idea why they took this route???

“Compliance has said x”

By the way, sorry about this behaviour.

It’s out of our hands and I think we are also at the point of non return - it doesn’t make sense to remove the bank login from the app.

We keep getting daily messages in live chat asking why they need to renew access - this is also the reason why we don’t want to support anything outside of Open Banking.

4 Likes

The cost of being transparent and open with users, particularly with product roadmap, development, and feature rollout. I, for one, appreciate it, even if I need to renew access due to non-compliant implementation on the bank’s side. Thanks again to you and the team.

2 Likes

I agree - thanks to everyone for working on this.

1 Like

apprecitate the understanding! :clap:t3:

2 Likes

They have released a new fix two hours ago.

1 Like

We are seeing less errors on our side, so this might be it.

2 Likes

I’ve had no request to renew the connection recently.

However, on a different subject, I decided to try out the Emma savings pots today. To deposit money you have the option of an open banking transfer or a standard banking transfer. Chase does not show as an option under open banking transfer.

Edit: Chase does not seem to show as an option for a linked account anywhere (request funds, transfer funds etc)