Ask your beginners questions here šŸš€

Hello there :wave:

If youā€™ve just joined Emma and are looking for some more info on how to use our app then check out these great resources:

Emma FAQs - Here we answer your most frequently asked questions :bear:

Emma Blog - Read our latest articles explaining how to get the most out of Emma :rocket:

Emma Social Channels - Find out more about Emma and what weā€™ve been up to :money_with_wings:

Roadmap - Find out what features weā€™re planning on building, and when weā€™re likely to build them

Or you can use this thread to ask us any questions you might have! Between the Emma Team and the super experienced Emma users we have in this community, weā€™ll be able to share all the knowledge we have :star_struck:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: (Most-Wanted :uk:) integrations

Unsure where to post thisā€¦ Iā€™ve got a chip account but just signed for Chip+1 so I have two Chip accounts now. Only the first account shows (Chip+1 wonā€™t load on Emma). I also noticed my transactions to Chip donā€™t show up. They only show as outgoings from my main bank account. Have I connected it wrong?

Hey @Bexxasaurustea :wave:

Thereā€™s lots of info in the thread below about Chip transactions/ Chip +1 :blush::point_down:

1 Like

How can I search for transactions on a specific date or between specific dates? At the moment itā€™s difficult to find transactions from a few years ago. Scrolling down on the latest transactions screen takes a very long time

The best way is via the Search function. You can find this in Accounts. :slight_smile:

What are the consequences of including credit card repayments? The FAQ says that it will ā€œthrow off your analyticsā€ but Iā€™m trying to work out whether thatā€™s important to me. My main day-to-day use for Emma is to check how much money I have in my current accounts compared to my committed spending for the month. Iā€™m paying off a couple of credit card balances and the transactions are excluded from Committed Spending. I have Pro so I guess I can recategorize the transactions but I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a better way.

Emma suggest you exclude payments from your current account to your credit card to avoid spending counting twice in your analytics (once for the credit card spend and once for the current account spend).

However the flexibility is there for you to do what you like. I have a couple of credit cards and handle each one differently.

1. On my day-to-day credit card I treat the spend from the credit card as spends so they show in my analytics. I pay the bill of in full at the end of each month and exclude this payment so it does not contribute to my analytics. This is what Emma recommends.

2. My other credit card is a 0% spending card and I only make occasional large payments from it. On this card I spread my repayments out across the year, taking advantage of the extended 0% period. On this card I exclude the payments from the card and include/categorise the monthly payments from current account to credit card.

So the approaches are different but in both cases Iā€™m avoiding each spend counting twice in my analytics.

2 Likes

New here is there a way you can pay fee monthly rather than annually as canā€™t find anything on this thanks in advance

1 Like

Hey! I just replied to your other comment on a different thread about this :blush:

1 Like

Thank you Iā€™m currently trying to work out how to suggest future as new here just getting my head around it all want to request if possible for Cashplus Bank and also tymit credit card Iā€™ve added as offline accounts for now but love for these to be considered

1 Like

Does anyone know how do I use the 1m net worth calculation feature? I received the notification asking me to try it out but canā€™t seem to find it :thinking:

Hey! :wave:

You just need to click on Net Worth on the feed tab, and then press and hold your balance at the top of the screen! Youā€™ll know itā€™s calculating because it says ā€œpredicting your futureā€ :blush:

Got it! Thank you!!

1 Like

Iā€™m currently a Pro member on iOS but am now changing to an android phone. Is there any way of transferring my subscription or will I need to cancel on iOS and sign up again on android? Iā€™ll be using the same email and phone number.

1 Like

Just login with the same account and you should see all the Pro features.

When iOS expires, you can resubscribe on Android.

Hi there,

Really love Emma!! Iā€™ve been looking for a while for a decent personal finance app and I think Iā€™ve finally found the one.

What Iā€™m still trying to figure out is how to best separate my personal from my family spending. I have two current accounts that I use for day-to-day spending, one my personal into which my monthly salary gets paid and one joint account with my wife which we both fund with a monthly instalment. It would be great if I could have two budgets, one for my personal spend and one for my family spend.

Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Hey @Luricher

Welcome to the Emma Community :blush:

We are working on a new feature called Spaces that should help with this! You can find out more about spaces by clicking into the thread below :point_down:

2 Likes

I could use some help understanding something with saving and excluding the transactions.

I move a certain amount of money to multiple saving accounts every week. To me, it seems easier to create my overall budget based off of the expected minimum income and then create a budget for how much I want to save each month so that way itā€™s part of the total budget and it feels like Iā€™m actively working towards something.

However, I was reading that transactions that are moved between accounts should be excluded to keep it from double counting (I think?) in the analysis.

The only way that makes sense is to not set any sort of savings budget and exclude all transactions going to a savings account. Is that the right way to do it?

For some reason it doesnā€™t feel like Iā€™m working towards anything doing it that way though. So Iā€™m curious if there is a way to include savings into a budget that wonā€™t double count. If I could understand the analytics a little better I might be able to get used to it (Iā€™m a beginner at budgeting). Is there something somewhere that explains that in a little more detail?

Also, what other types of transactions should be excluded? How do people handle random large transactions? Are these excluded too? I saw something about excluding credit card payments, but I didnā€™t understand why that is. Is that only if the credit card is tied to Emma? I do not have mine linked so Iā€™m not sure that makes sense to exclude my payments on it. Right now I account for it as a bill.