About the Feedback & Ideas category

Share your feedback on current Emma features, and new ideas to make things even better.

Any thoughts on an Emma Business version? Would love to use this for the side project (as well as the personal/ current version)

Yes, and there is a reason why we are not returning biz accounts by default. :eyes:

1 Like

I am really enjoying the app so far. I was wondering as a built in feature with your app that you could add in a tracker or option to set timers on subscript or recurring payment for people to track.

A place to record how much other people (eg. Friends and family) owe you, and possibly have this linked to your net worth? Also be able to associate incoming transactions to these debts, so Emma keeps track of what people owe you for you.

It would be good if we can see the total sum (amount) of all the transactions from a search.

Example

search: [food] [last month] [>Ā£100]

Restaurant One Ā£110
Restaurant Two Ā£130
Restaurant One Ā£150

TOTAL Ā£390

1 Like

Thanks for this feedback) Weā€™ll pass it to the product team. :wink:

I think transactions is where most of us spend their time and I think it should be easy and quick to access to that.

At the moment the is a small row in the feed where you can click a small text ā€˜Allā€™ to go to your transactionsā€¦ I think this is far from ideal.

Another option is to create a scrollable container (vertical) that can fit at least 10 recent transactions in the Feed page.

Thanks for this feedback) Weā€™ll pass it to the product team. :wink:

The Emma team is working on new designs and new in-app updates :bear:

Iā€™ve just looked at the bank transfer feature for the first time and I donā€™t think itā€™s especially useful for me. The accounts that are available I mostly donā€™t transfer money between on an ad hoc basis. The ones that I do are both Starling and transferring between them is easy enough in the app.

The other transfers I make are unfortunately with banks that arenā€™t supported in Emma so I have them as offline accounts. This is where I could see a benefit to the feature, but Iā€™d first have to set them up as a payee in Emma. For me to go to the effort of doing that Iā€™d want some benefit over just using my bankā€™s app.

The obvious benefit for me would be if Emma then tracked that transfer and created a transaction in the offline account - i.e. it would work like a smart rule, but without a smart rule needing to be set up. Youā€™d just need to link the payee to an offline account when youā€™re setting it up in the bank transfers screen. Smart rules as they are are better suited to recurring transactions, so this would make them better for ad hoc transactions that wouldnā€™t necessarily match an existing smart rule.

@Greg
Thanks for your feedback.
I will transfer your suggestion back to the team :slightly_smiling_face:

@edoardomoreni does Emma already has an option to download or see the annual report, i have seen notifications for monthly report but never a annual report.
If there is, can you guide me how to access it. If not, are there any plan to add it in the future.

Hey guys,

I think itā€™d be really cool to be able to access any single premium feature that you guys have for maybe 2/3 pounds per month without having to buy Emma Plus or Pro version. In my case, I really feel like I would benefit from the ā€œsplit transactionā€ feature only, but I canā€™t see myself paying for Emma Pro, nor an Emma Plus if it was there. Another cool idea would be maybe for the frequent users of the app to reward them with a feature of choice for example (although I understand that this makes less sense from a business perspective). This would help me a lot, and I believe a lot of people would want it as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions. We will share them with the product teams. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi.

The weekly reports that get sent I find a bit useless and in some ways condescending with the congratulations and weā€™ll dones for reducing spends at articular shops.
I donā€™t use Emma as a budget app in that way, more as a recording/ information aggregator.

Much more useful to me would be a (monthly ideally) report something like shown attached including the renames of transactions Iā€™ve made and the notes Iā€™ve added. Which I would ideally like to PDF (and keep in app) for longer term comparison and cross referencing since the data in Emma expires after a while and itā€™s impossible to look back too far.

Thoughts as to how possible this might be?

2 Likes

Love this idea.

@jasonh Thanks for the feedback! Weā€™ll make sure we let the product teams know. :slight_smile:

At the moment the app uses the last monthā€™s credit card bill payment as the prediction for the next month (I think).

It would be nice if you could set it to be ā€œthe balance on the card at X dateā€, so it accurately reflects what will happen.

Bonus points if the system can infer the statement date by comparing past payments to balances :wink:

Yeah, the data is literally sitting there, but Emma doesnā€™t give you a way to link a DD to a credit card account. It doesnā€™t even need to try and predict! Tracking interest and other charges would also be nice

@alex Thanks for this feedback) Weā€™ll pass it to the product team. :wink: