Virgin Money failure since security updates

Tried again this morning, no luck… :frowning:

Checked emails this morning - nothing received from Virgin.

I’ve sent another follow-up email

3 Likes

Hola amigos :v:

We’ve just got off the phone with the Virgin team and progress has been made :partying_face:

They’re making several more adjustments on their end and the workaround/fix is expected imminently

5 Likes

Still not working ‘This site can’t be reached. api.emma-app.com unexpectedly closed the connection.’

4 Likes

This bug is so strange.

I connected my Virgin Money Savings account immediately after the Virgin Money integration launched, and it worked, and has continued to sync since despite all the issues others are having. It last synced at 6:00am this morning, and says “Working” in Emma.

It definitely seems to be something wrong with the bank authentication flow, passing the auth token between Emma and Virgin Money (or vice versa).

I think the issue is more with ‘new’ connections to Virgin rather than existing ones. At least in my case I’m trying to make a new account connection. Thanks

2 Likes

In my case it’s a migration to API and it doesn’t work either.

1 Like

Another update - we haven’t heard back from Virgin regarding the workaround they’re proposing. I’ll wait till the end of today and if I still haven’t heard back from them, I’ll follow-up

3 Likes

Thanks for the continued updates

2 Likes

Hey hey :rowing_man:

I’ve just chased Virgin Money again via email asking them for an ETA on this workaround/fix. Will continue to update when I hear back from them

2 Likes

Word just in from the Virgin Team :upside_down_face:

“We are looking to deploy a short term fix which will do the redirection in a new browser tab sometime on Tuesday 14th”

6 Likes

Yep I am still getting this a month later. This has basically rendered Emma useless for me as I use my Virgin credit card for all my transactions and pay off at the end the month so I cannot track my spending at all while the link to Virgin is down.

Hoping for a solution to this today - I am totally reliant on getting a feed from Virgin

Yep.In the same boat.

If Virgin maintains what they said to @Joel, a fix should be released today. Fingers crossed!

Seems to be working now (the connection). I’ll keep you posted about any issues with loading the transactions. :wink:

1 Like

Managed to connect. Now getting this.

Getting ‘We’re sorry but there has been an error’ , when trying to add Virgin account it says either Customer ID / Pass / Passcode invalid. I have checked my credentials via web browser and am able to login to Virgin money with no issues.

I’ve just checked in with Virgin again asking them to confirm the workaround they had arranged to be released today will actually be released today.

Watch this space :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

Same issue here

Thought to try it later in case their servers cant handle so many request