Is Virgin credit card connection down?

Non pending transactions don’t seem to appear in the app. Doesn’t look Emma specific.

There is a known issue, can you ping live chat?

1 Like

Also having issues with this connection. Anyone else seeing similar?

Previously, updating the connection opened the app nicely. Now it opens a browser page with a URI to large error.

I don’t think I’ve changed anything on my Android phone. Somehow it’s not finding the app or there’s something else wrong…

Hey All,

Here’s Virgin’s solution

We’ve seen this issue a few times since Android rolled out updates to their OS

The below steps have rectified it in all cases so far:

1. Check the customer is doing this from a mobile device, with the App installed.

2. Ensure the latest version of the Virgin Money app is installed.

3. Check that the Browser the customer is using is set to allow the browser to open Apps (the consenting process takes the user to a web based landing page - if the browser is set to disallow the opening of Apps, it will fail at this point with a 414 error)

4. Restart phone.

5. Try again.

1 Like

Funny! My browser was already configured like this and I’d tried a different browser already, but this made me try again with chrome (leaky?) and that was enough to fix it.

I do find the whole sequence messy, opening a browser, then the app, the redirection back to the browser, which never actually opens the app…

I prefer Starling, which notifies you in app when authorisation has expired, so you can simply update from there