Virgin Money failure since security updates

My Emma account is now connecting to the virgin credit card account but has currently listed it as having ‘no transactions.’

trying to add Virgin Credit Card - This Site can’t be reached api.emma-app.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

*Fixed this issue by changing the default browser on my Samsung phone from the Galaxy browser to Chrome. Account is now connected but with same message as LostLewis - There is an issue downloading your data from Virgin Money. My team is working to resolve this.

Woke up today to find that mine is finally working - transactions all present and everything. Glad they finally got it sorted :grinning:

3 Likes

Still not working for me. Getting really tired of trying to make it work.

I tried this morning and keep saying my credentials are wrong dispute receiving text messages with Authentication code

Something is really wrong in their end

Tried this morning too, still getting the same ‘We are sorry but there has been an error’ message here (as posted above by Grant_Sloane), after putting in the one time password.

Hi All,

Here’s what we’ve had back from Virgin Money this morning.

“We applied a fix yesterday which now opens a 2nd browser window to do the redirect”

Is anyone noticing anything different when they try reconnecting?

1 Like

Hi Joel. When trying to connect my savings account it opens in an external safari browser. However, as soon as I get past the OTA code send via sms virgin display an error. I have tried both “Renew access” and adding it as a new account

2 Likes

Nope, just tried again, same experience, no new window opened. Big spinning red thing and text saying I’ll be redirected to Emma but no redirect happens.

I managed to reconnect my account successfully. Balance and transactions came through correctly

Mine still not working either :frowning: :slightly_frowning_face:

Still not working get the same screen as Grant_Sloane.

I’ve tried renewing access, then deleting the account and trying to connect from scratch.

2 Likes

I’m back in. Went online (not app) with Virgin and reset password and code. Then it worked.

No changes for me. I’m getting the same problem as @Grant_Sloane attempting to connect to my cash ISA savings account. It gets past the authentication code stage and then displays the error message. I’ve tried resetting my password. I’ve tried setting both Firefox and Chrome as my default browser and that didn’t make any difference either.

Hi Joel.

Working for me now on my Virgin credit card.

Thanks for pushing Virgin on this

Regards
Craig

2 Likes

Yeah I’m willing to bet these issues are tied to the type of account you’re trying to connect. I’ve got the same error message as you when trying my Cash ISA savings account. Perhaps @Grant_Sloane is trying to connect the same type of account?

1 Like

Hey all :wave:

Building on what @Quarantino has said, if you’re receiving the error “We are sorry but there has been an error”, it’s likely connected to the type of account you’re trying to link.

I’ve spoken with Virgin and they’ve confirmed that they don’t support Double Take ISA accounts through their Open Banking API. If you’re trying to connect a Double Take account, this will be why you’re receiving this error.

I’m still confirming with them whether this is the same for Cash ISA’s. As a general rule of thumb, banks won’t support accounts through Open Banking where there are limitations on withdrawals

2 Likes

Hi Joel

Yes I am trying to connect a help to buy ISA. The weird thing is that it used to work. I still have some of my old deposit data in the app before it told me to renew my access

1 Like

That’ll be it for me then. Feel that Virgin’s error message could be more helpful!

Presumably the ‘solution’ is to delete the account and then add a manual account? Or move to another ISA provider, of course - are there any that do return data to Emma?

If there is another suggestion, let me know before I do that!

Alex

Hey @Alex!

Bank aren’t required in Open Banking to give us access to ISA accounts so almost no banks return this data to us. I think TSB may be the exception but I’m not 100% sure.

If you’re trying to track an ISA, the best way to do this is through manual accounts

2 Likes