Payments in Emma

@edoardomoreni Great to see payments added to Emma - I think being a PISP adds huge value to your existing AISP capabilities. Have you considered other use cases for payment initiation, such as Request to Pay? It would be great to be able to see all my bills in Emma and be in control of when and how to pay them!
Request to Pay is a government-led initiative:
https://www.requesttopay.co.uk/

1 Like

The trouble with initiating a Faster Payment directly from your bank app is that you need to manually type in destination account number, sort code and reference info - without making any mistakes! Faster Payments transaction is final and cannot be recalled or refunded like a Direct Debit. Through Emma, you will land in the banking app with all the details pre-populated, saving you from making a mistake.

Yes,

right now P2P support request/send. We are also adding QR codes.

At this time, we are building bank transfers and weā€™ll use the same technology to top up Pockets and Investment Accounts.

I understand how this and FPS works but I just donā€™t make that many payments for this to be an issue. Iā€™m a careful typer.

1 Like

Yep and the user on the other side has already decided where they want the money.

I think I must be in a minority, but this is not something Iā€™m going to make much use of either. I use PayPal for making person to person transfers, or proper bank transfers, which Iā€™m not afraid of. Didnā€™t Pingit from Barclays do this sort of thing and arenā€™t they just winding up now because it never took off?

No one did transfer from any account to any account without topping up a wallet (paypal) or sharing your account number / sort code.

Why does this need contacts access? I keep my contacts off my phone

To send / receive money to friends without typing account number and sort code.

We are also adding an ability to pay by handle - like you can type @edoardomoreni.

Edoardo

Payments is now live! :rocket:

For more information about how Payments work check out this blog post: Emma Releases New P2P Payments Feature - Emma

Any questions, feedback, or ideas for this feature let us know :arrow_down:

I simply do not see Pay as an option. My Save Money tab is there. If this is a Pro only feature then that will be why (I let mine lapse for now). If it is pro only, worth adding to the article. :+1:

Not appearing for me either and I am a pro user. Running latest iOS and app version as far as I can tell.

I donā€™t see it either. Updated the app, only have the Save money tab in the middle. (iphone7s)

Ahh are you all on IOS? Itā€™s not fully out yet for IOS sorry, but you can keep an eye on the updates :blush:

Iā€™m actually getting ā€˜no networkā€™ at the top of my app (if I actually had no network I wouldnā€™t have been able to reply here :grinning:).

I can see this (updated the app via Play store).
Not tried the feature yet though.

A question: I chose my @ handle as promptedā€¦ but am wondering if this can be changed or whether the selection is final.
Thanks

I had to update the app to get the tab.

Surprised you didnā€™t bury this under a feature flag for a smoother release.

Also you need a emoji, message, graphic or something on this page

Need to make it clear if you are stuck with your EMMA tag or not. Luckily I didnā€™t pick anything to crazy, thought about trying EMMA though :joy:

Coming up for me & am going to test soon. But initial feedback is that you guys need to work on your QA, at least spelling/English languageā€¦

1 Like

This is important information that was missingā€¦ that explains it though. Can I just point out, Emma has sent an email to its entire user base (or those who opt in) saying itā€™s live AND the screenshots show the iOS interface for the launch of payments in the emailā€¦ so youā€™re probably going to want to clarify that soon :wink:

PS: Not once did the email mention it was Android only either which may disappoint people trying to find the feature.

Ok, itā€™s live for iOS now. The tab initially says Save Money but as soon as you click it, it will change to Pay. :slight_smile: