(Most-Wanted) Features

So a bit of both. Ideally it would show what I have spent over the month but also include what I have left of my budget as it’s own colour coded section on the pie chart. Hope that makes sense?

For accounts that you can’t connect, where you have to add a manual loan or debt amount, would it be possible to setup a fixed monthly payment so the amount reduces rather than having to amend it manually each month?

2 Likes

Hii @Adi :wave:

Yep that is someting we’ve built - you can find out more info about it here! :arrow_down:

It’s probably been added as a request before but if love to be able to add a manual account and hide it. For example I’d like to track my work pension. But I don’t want it reflected in my overall balance.

Yeah this is something we’d like to add :blush:

1 Like

Committed Spending

The app tracks to the end of the month but my monthly pay hits on the 17th whilst my husband at end of month. I’d like a way to be able to change the date range as and when needed when reviewing our accounts.

Thanks

You can do this.

However, with multiple incomes, I’d just select total budget and do 1st-31st.

It’s easier to manage and less math. :wink:

Not easier for me. I want the functionality to be able to nimbly switch the view so I can see what’s left on both accounts up to paydays but I’m locked down to one view or the other and neither works without me having to also get out pen and paper.
So much to like about the app but so many limitations around having more than one bank account on it.

In this case,

we decided not to implement it.

There isn’t a way to do budgeting with multiple paydays.

The best and easiest way to do it is to set a Total Budget for the month and stick to it.

Otherwise you would be tracking 24tj to 14th, 14th to 24th, 24th to 14th (if you were to get paid on the 14th and 24th), which also means that in each period you need to re-adjust the budgets.

It might also be that between 14th and 24th, you pay rent, while between 24th and 14th, you don’t, so everything is skewed.

By month (1st to 31st), it’s the same thing, you already know how much you make in the month, so can plan the whole month ahead.

Are there any plans for an apple watch app?

1 Like

This is something we want to do, but we haven’t prioritised yet.

I think it would be extremely nice to check balances from the watch.

3 Likes

By the way, this month we are releasing a lot of stuff: https://twitter.com/edoardomoreni/status/1368161460988354561

3 Likes

Looking forward to the “How many years left to $1m net worth?” but more excited and intrigued as to who the new investment providers are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Am hoping Smart rules has been fixed for Monzo accounts :crossed_fingers:

Is it possible to have separate graphs for each account as well

1 Like

Hey @Bonko :wave:

Welcome to the Emma Community!

Not possible atm, but I do like the idea! Will share with the team :blush:

Agree with this, I always have to pause because it intuitively feels like the first one would be the exclude transaction one

1 Like

I’m on the beta, so not sure if it’s in the main app yet, but the transaction details screen has been updated, which has solved this particular issue for me! :+1:

I still think the recurring toggle should be below Exclude, not the other way round, but it does now all display at the same time

Hi guys I really like the app however here are some irritants noted in the first 24hrs.

-Nationwide can be added but not the loan OR savings accounts!

-PayPal can be added but not PayPal loan/finance?

-HL can be added to Moneyhub but not this app!

-surely Freetrade has an API to synch?

Mortgages!!! How can you have a net worth calculation with a mortgages section?

Nationwide - this is down to Nationwide. They (and other banks) are obliged to make so-called payment accounts available via API (e.g. current accounts and credit card accounts) but whether or not they make other accounts available is up to them.

PayPal - Possibly the same issue.

HL in Moneyhub - This is likely just HL active savings and not HL investment accounts. Unclear if Emma is planning to connect - (Most-Wanted 🇬🇧) integrations - #1151 by edoardomoreni

Freetrade - doesn’t have an API

2 Likes