(Most-Wanted) Features

Moneyhub connects all accounts in HL ISA, SIPP, and LISA accounts :man_shrugging:t3:

Are they screenscraping rather than using an API?

The public information on the API only mentions Active Savings - https://www.hl.co.uk/about-us/developer-tools

If screenscraping, presumably you have to enter your 2FA code everytime Moneyhub tries to connect to your HL account (since HL login doesnā€™t allow ā€˜trustingā€™ a browser). Doesnā€™t this get irritating?

Hey @Ormerod84 :wave:

Do you have Emma Pro? You can add any real estate value (as well as the value of any vehicles/ other assets) to make your net worth calculation more accurate.

I do have pro thatā€™s why Iā€™m making a mini complaint.

You need to have a pensions section and Mortgage section.

Also a vehicle is not an asset it is a liability. Property being an asset is debatableā€¦

1 Like

For HL you need to resync like a bank account every 90 days.
And no manually adding values is more annoying.

Thatā€™s strange. Sounds like Moneyhub has somehow got an API connection to HL that is different to what HL publicly advertise for other third party providers.

Re ā€˜manually adding valuesā€™ - not sure what youā€™re referring to.

Well the whole point of an app like Emma is automation or else you just use a manual excel/Google sheets. So the inconvenience or reconnection every 90 days is less than that of manual input.

This is an interesting point - I know new cars depreciate in value super quickly, but would you not include any car under asset? And why wouldnā€™t you say that property is an asset?

Yes, but whatā€™s the manual input youā€™re referring to?

This is an extract but Iā€™d recommend reading the book.
For most people houses are debatable as a asset as they are a liability with the potential for capital gains. Unless you rent a room/Airbnb etc.

ā€œBut in the real world where you need money in your pocket to survive, if you have a house, paid for or not, that you live in, then it really isnā€™t an asset. Instead of putting money in your pocket, it takes money out of your pocket in the form of a mortgage, utility payments, taxes, maintenance, and more. That is the simple definition of a liability.ā€ The way most people make money is from selling a house after years of living in it. This is what you call realizing equity. The difference between what you bought your house at and what you can sell it for is appreciation. Often times pay a lot of equity down over many years. This coupled with a modest gain in appreciation can feel like a true windfall. But it is often a small return on the money you put into the house.ā€œ

The assets current values.

Oh ok. That bit seems to be a reply to another post. I thought it was a reply to something in one of my posts.

Just read the article and hadnā€™t really thought about it in that way before - always considered the mortgage and bills etc to be liabilities, but would have said the value of the house was an asset

I guess it just shows that there isnā€™t one definitive net worth calculation as some people want to include house/ cars/ pensions/ student loans etc whereas others donā€™t!

My method is to add my (estimated) equity as an asset and the encumbrances as liabilities (in the loans section). Of course, that gives you a very low total net worth if you have something like a 25 year mortgage (if you include the whole mortgage term on the liability side), but it does increase year on year in a more realistic way.

still would really love this feature - any update?

Hey @mwjackson :wave:

These are the things weā€™re working on releasing asap:

• Previous Pay Periods
  • Past Budgets
  • Rolling Budgets
  • Smart Rules
  • Savings Targets
  • Turbo Updates
  • 2 new Investment Providers
  • New transaction screen
  • How many years left to $1m net worth?

As soon as these have been released we can look at adding more features :blush:

1 Like

@rebekah any rough idea of when these will be ready? 4 weeks? 3 months? Longer? :slight_smile:

We hope a lot of these will be out by the end of the month!

Previous pay periods, past budgets, and the new investment providers are being rolled out now. Rolling budgets and smart rules will be next. Currently designing what the savings targets is going to look like, so donā€™t think thatā€™ll be much longer either :grinning:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: (Most-Wanted :uk:) integrations

Where is dark mode! Taking so long

1 Like