Introduce yourself 👋

Hi

I’m Glyn. Just recently joined and loving the app!!

I’m retired but always had a thing about managing my finances - must be from my time as an engineer and using spreadsheets.

Love to travel but mainly to colder climates although had to put a hold on that at the moment. For my sins I like to follow Manchester United and can even claim to have been born in Manchester

2 Likes

Hey Glyn!!

Love to hear this! :raised_hands:

Laughing that you had to describe this as a sin…

Manchester United was the first football team I “followed” (although I didn’t really follow them, I think I just wanted the Beckham 7 shirt :see_no_evil:)

Hopefully you got the shirt? My retirement present to myself was a season ticket although not really able to make use of it at the monent

1 Like

:wave: hello! It’s pretty cute how you’re making this into a community.

I’m Julian, another London based software engineer, also another keen traveler: I have lived in France, Germany, Italy, Bristol (that very foreign country…) and recently moved to London after spending all of my savings travelling around South East Asia for 6 months. My new found love is spicy food :hot_pepper::fire: so feel free to recommend any of your favourite restaurants in the city! :innocent:

Savings have often just been a fluke for me (I’m very bad with money) but I’m now making an active effort towards saving for the future. I once tried to build my own budgeting app, but as you can tell that didn’t go so well! I’m loving the Emma app so far, as well as the customer service - I hope it continues!

2 Likes

Benvenuto. :wave: :it: :it:

Welcome @julianferry - Where in London do you live and what are your favourite places for spice? I’m not massively able to handle it but early lockdown I lost my sense of taste and smell (oddly not Covid!) and since then have enjoyed spice more and more.

1 Like

Heyyy @julianferry

Welcome to the Emma Community!

If you’re ever around North London then I’d recommend this place for good spicy food!

@jase so weird that it’s not covid related! Is your taste/ smell still not back to normal? :scream:

Hi all. Just on a 7 day trial but wondering if it’s worth it as Metro Bank one of my main accounts which I can’t link. I also have a Nationwide saving account & NS&I - feels like I’ll always be frustrated. Any views, helpful tips appreciated.

Hi @SmileK and welcome! There is a great section on the community to vote for the next integration to happen, including features etc… so I suggest you keep using Emma as you can, until MetroBank is added.

For me it’s a great app that I even considered switching banks for if I had to. Your mileage may vary :slight_smile:

I’d like to make me some$$$ :laughing:

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face::100::100::100::100::heart_eyes::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Hi everyone I’m interested in this app definitely

Hi @Tom-boy418 :wave:

Welcome to the Emma Community.

Let us know if you have any questions about the app!!

Hi

I’m B

I’m 50

I bank with TSB

I quite like the look of Emma so far

2 Likes

Hey B!

Welcome to the Emma Community :raised_hands:

Glad to hear you’re enjoying Emma so far. Do let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hey,

I’m Jason from across the Big Pond and the land of wonderful weather (California).

I like:

• Kayaking
  • Bicycle riding
  • Ham radio (Kilo Golf Six Hotel)
  • Linux
  • Personal Finance
  • Working towards FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early)

I’ve been a user of Mvelopes for just over a year. Using electronic envelopes to budget has helped my wife and I get in track. Unfortunately, Mvelopes has had a problem with my primary bank for over a couple months, so I’m looking for something that doesn’t have problems. So far, Emma has been working flawlessly with the banks and credit cards that I need to track.

2 Likes

Hey Jason :wave:

Welcome to the Emma Community :blush:

So happy that you’re finding Emma useful!

(PS very jealous about the wonderful weather you’re having - it’s freezing right now in London! :snowflake:)

Ha ha! I’m still wearing shorts! I love love love the cold. Still no heating turned on this year in the flat. Still sleeping with the window open :slight_smile:

Noooo you can’t still be wearing shorts :joy:

Meanwhile this is me…

Freezing GIF

2 Likes