Emma launches Chip Integration

@alan

Ok, some geeky questions…

• how many sprint teams do you have working on Chip?
  • What’s the make up of them in terms of dev, testing, ux etc.
  • How long is the typical sprint?
  • What role do you have? so are you product owner and a dev?

Cheers

1 Like

Hey @dougbowski

1. we have just the one sprint team for all of our 15 engineers.
  2. 11 PHP Engineers, 1 DevOps, 1 QA, 1 iOS, 1 Android.
  3. Two weeks.
  4. my role as head of engineering is to plan all work and technical direction for Chip, specify all of work to be carried out technically. Hire and manage our team and make sure the tech is world class. I don’t sleep much :rofl::joy:

Alan x

2 Likes

11 PHP Engineers. :open_mouth:

cc @antonio

@alan I’d suggest checking out Node.js, the only real dev language

I am in love now.

@edoardomoreni yup, we might even hire a few more! :grin:

@antonio We actually now have 5 microservices in node, I’m a node developer too and LOVE it. We’ve got a few things written in Go too, which is fun.

Savings goals like how Tink let’s one set savings goals for diff bank accounts would be useful to manage savings projects despite various savings accounts and services.

I reached out to CS with regards being able to change the image of your goal, but they keep on saying “coming soon”.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I don’t suppose anyone knows when Chip will be compatible with Monzo and Starling?
I read “coming soon” so I contacted them to ask, but sadly no reply :sleepy:

@alan should know it.

1 Like

Hey, the Easter Break slowed us down a little but we optimistic we’ll have a beta ready for us internally by the end if the month, give us a few weeks to test it out and then we can get to everyone. So optimistically, 3 weeks, cautiously 5, I can promise it’s actually happening.

I suppose I could take this space to explain why it’s taking so long. Basically we use a 3rd party to get all of your transaction data, currently SaltEdge, and it’s very firmly baked into our API so in replacing we’ve had to change ALOT or code, as well as introduce a whole lost more to manage switching between between both providers seemlessly, so it’s been quite the task alongside everything else we’ve got going on.

All that said, webar’re in the final stretch. Thanks for bearing with us.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand Starling Goals vs Monzo Pots vs Chip. :open_mouth:

None of them pay interest :grin:

Eehehehehee that makes sense.

In other words… we’re in the endgame now!

If we want to switch to Monzo/Starling connection will we have to withdraw our savings from Chip to old bank and start again from £0 Chip balance with Monzo/Starling connection?

Nope! You may need to enter your connection details again but you won’t need to start again in anyway way.

2 Likes

Any progress on adding transactions to the Chip integration?

1 Like

Hey we suggest you contact Chip about this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

At a guess, I’d say they’ll get this sorted by 2022, maybe 2021 if you’re lucky
:joy:

2 Likes