(Most-Wanted) Features

Could you not perhaps have support get the ability to have us in multiple regions then?

I don’t want to have to swap back from US to U.K. every time I get a new card or account

Perhaps you could even have a simple “select what region’s accounts you want to look at” selection thingy

It still affects 0.00001% of the users, so we are not implementing it at this time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Asking support is the best way right now!

1 Like

I’d like to be able to exclude a transaction from the budget and analytics without excluding it from the ‘recent transaction’ list. As of now transfers between accounts are excluded. I’d like to be able to exclude then only from the statistics, but having it in the recent transaction list gives a useful picture of how you move your money.

I’d suggest you could introduce a ‘Transfers’ category and exclude the category from budget and statistics. This would solve the issue.

4 Likes

You know what’d be a neat feature - if Emma could integrate with loyalty schemes and tell us when our points are expiring + how many we have. Would also be nice for some Apple Pay support for our scheme cards in cases of things like Subway where their app is trash and wont let you add it.

1 Like

A transfers category would make sense, for tidying them in one place

2 Likes

Also if Emma is serious about getting into rewards schemes (like how you guys have been occasionally adding to your rewards section)

Perhaps encourage people to sign up and link by having rewards where you can post-claim through Emma.

For instance I make a purchase at on my Starling card. Emma happens to have a reward or cashback scheme with this shop. Emma credits this automatically and refunds the amount to a payment method once the transaction clears or into a wallet which I can withdraw periodically (perhaps we could even spend from this - EmmaCard? Get some of that yummy interchange and move in on P2P payments)

2 Likes

PayPal grouping.

So at the minute if I have a card linked to PayPal I get two transaction feeds.

Realistically I only made one transaction - but they bill my card at the same time they send the money to the merchant.

It would be great if this could show up as one feed item to stop the clutter - having an easy view over ones finances is what Emma is for after all. Clutter needs to go.

2 Likes

I agree with you - I’d like to see excluded transactions in the recent transaction list to have a complete rather than partial view of my recent transaction activity (whilst having them excluded from analytics).

In fact, once upon a time they were shown in the this list but were removed in the second half of last year. When I mentioned at the time I didn’t like the change i think I was told that others had given feedback that they didn’t like them in this list.

2 Likes

It would be nice if Emma would consider all transactions as finalized by default and then let us mark authorizations such as active card checks manually. We’re likely to have a lot more of the former than the latter, after all.

Edit; alternatively @lilli you could add a new category called “authorization” and then let us edit pending transactions.

P.S. it would be nice if for American Express Emma could show my ‘balance’ as my credit limit and then reduce that as I spend, following the same rule as above.

4 Likes

I’d like the option to be able to split the transaction it he currency it was charged. I recently payed the rent for my new apartment. I payed for the last days of July together with the month of August. The payment was in USD, but charged to my Revolut NOK account. When I went to split the transaction into two I only had the option to split in NOK.

I therefore had to go back to the date and time when I made the transaction check the the current exchange rate at the time and then multiply it with the ammount of dollars used before I could split it.

After splitting the transaction Emma shows each of the splits I’m both NOK and USD. However, even though I found the exact conversation rate Emma shows a different USD ammount than supposed to. It’s not far off, but far enough off that it’s annoying.

All of these issues could be solved by allowing me to split the transaction in the currency of the transaction.

1 Like

We do hope to have an Emma Wallet in the future!

great feedback!

As Emma soon will be providing manual transaction, it would be great if Emma provide Cash account by default. It would be great if Emma see I have withdrawal from any Bank default that money going to that Cash account. As currently if I withdraw any money from bank either I have to exclude or have to assign some category and it’s not always you are withdrawing for immediate spending so you don’t know that category until you spend it and then there is a chance of forgetting that.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback this is a nice idea!

Although I don’t want ATM withdrawals to go into the cash account by default, there is multiple reasons to have more than one cash account, I’d like the option to link transactions. This could go with transactions between accounts as well as between accounts and manual accounts. The way I see this working is the way Spendee does. When looking at the transaction they say ‘This is a transaction from this bank, to that bank’

2 Likes

Being able to see my subscriptions and recurring payments in Emma is a great way to get a general overview of your recurring expenses, but I think you can take it further. What I’d like to happen is that when I put all my monthly, quarterly or annual expenses into Emma is to have Emma average that income and expenses to give me a monthly number that is left.

That means that if my salaery is 1 000 USD per month and I have 50 USD in monthly expenses and 120 USD in yearly expenses, that month I’d have 940 USD to spend and I want Emma to tell me that. This calculation is done by subtracting the monthly expense and 1/12 of the yearly expense.

2 Likes

As a continuation of the previous idea, I’d also like to see weekly budgets. In the previous idea I talked about how Emma tells you how much you’re allowed to spend each month by subtracting your recurring payments from your income. I would then like Emma to divide that number into 4 and tell me ‘This is how much I am allowed to spend this week’. If I use less money than I am allowed to, then great. Then the money roll over to the next week. If I spend more, then that will affect next week. Roll over to the next month is not something I would like as I would rather put that money into a savings account then, but that could be an option to turn on/off.

2 Likes

I would also love to see Emma getting Roll over budget and yearly, Quarterly budgets. As not only it is great for rewarding yourself for your saving in current month it also solve the biggest problem of budgeting which is late dated transaction and home renovation and vacation etc.
-By late date transaction I mean if I have my regular monthly payment for X of $1000 due for 30th of each month and bank put that transaction on next month 1st may be because of weekend my budget would show me wrong numbers for 2 months, and as Emma do analysis on this budget and give you weekly review those will be wrong also as in real I have not over spend or saved…roll over could solve this by equaling out in months.
-For home renovation or big purchases you might have yearly budget to spend on those items eg. I have $5000 for home renovation this year. If budget is yearly and deduct from our total allowance every month you don’t get wrong over budgeting analysis and also have a clear picture on that budget item rather currently where it shows over budget for one month and saving for all other months…

3 Likes

Rolling budgets might come in Pro. We are considering this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome…As Emma is mainly a budget app it would be great if it’s prediction engine for committed expected improves in future. I am using app called Chronicle which take care of budgeted/planned expenses. I like how they separate Expenses between fixed and variable commitments. As fixed remains fixed for every cycle, variable changed and they predict the trend and it is not just averages(what Emma does I believe currently) it is based on the previous data I input for that bill. Like utility bills like Gas gets higher in winter and lower in summer. So they predict all expenses based on previous trends and that’s how they predict next months expenses. I hope Emma will get this better so don’t have to use other app for that.

3 Likes