It is a little idea = but

What about a simplified EMMA for children so they can manage their pocket money and saturday job money. It will get them interested and help with forming a good budgeting habit
Hans

1 Like

This is a really nice idea @Hans!!!

The only problem is most little kids have cash pocket money, not bank accounts

Is there not a minimum age you have to be to open a current account?

A current account = don’t know. But just going a bit further = most kids get regular amount of money every week ~ if they = or parents could set up a re occurring “payment”. Then all the kids needed to do is to update the app as they spend. Hmmm now sounds too fiddly. Back to work!!
Its busy here today

Hans

card accounts are available from Starling at age 16. Halifax at age 11 for a bank account. I think if a teen has joint with the parent then its 11. I will research this more cos I am pretty well cashless and there must be away for the children to go cashless. Osper, goHenry and Rooster Money all aim their prepaid cards at young children with the aim of getting them used to cashless.

I like this a lot.

I have various kids accounts in Emma already as parent trustee. Maybe just being able to group them and show “kids accounts only” would do this.

When I was a kid, my parents set up a savings account for me, which I think is actually better than a current account, because I now think of my money as “savings first”. You can open kids savings as soon as you have the birth certificate too

1 Like

What about linking to a service like go Henry? It’s a prepaid card aimed at children with some good controls for the parents.

3 Likes

Hi @KarlD89. Welcome to the forum. It’s fun and informative
Have a great day
Hans

1 Like

Hey @KarlD89

Welcome to the Emma community!

Gohenry looks really interesting, we will definitely check this out.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check out Rooster Money (https://www.roostermoney.com), it does exactly what you are after.

1 Like

Hey @nblackburn

Welcome to the community, don’t forget to introduce yourself here :wave:

Thank you for the suggestion, will definitely check it out :blush:

Let me know if you need any help with Emma!

2 Likes

Hi there ~ it’s a cool forum and very friendly and helpful. So welcome to another Emma User # like me!! Yeah that is a cool idea Hans

1 Like

Just like to say this is a really cool idea :stuck_out_tongue: perhaps it could be done through Emma giving granularity of what data they request/display from the bank? So for instance I make an account for my child on Emma (not that I have one) and then I choose to only display their account within the app - maybe you could implement a similar thing that club penguin had with guardian stuff

You could then display accounts that are both linked to a guardian and displayed on a child under a “kids” section

3 Likes