Where did you hear about Emma?

Hey,

I was just going through IG and I am seeing a lot of ads and paid marketing from different Fintech apps.

We have never done ads and all of our growth so far has been organic :wink: but I would be interested to know more about how you found out about Emma? Through a friend? Online? etc

Talk to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Through the App Store I think - or FintechTalk. One of the two

2 Likes

Good morning I heard about it on Starling Forum. I like fintech and new wave. I think it’s really good. So I was immediately attracted. I work in a Fintech desert as most deal in cash.
Have a lovely day
Hans

1 Like

interesting!

Amazing, thanks for sharing @Hans

Didn’t you say you worked in a supermarket?

Do most really deal in cash? At every supermarket I’ve seen card is definitely preferred by what people are paying with while I’m there (although I don’t sit in there all day)

1 Like

Play store. It was a suggested app.

1 Like

Oh I wasnt talking about the store = I was obliquely referring to my friends who work there. Many are on fixed budgets in cash.

This is cool! Was it a similar app? Like you were checking budgeting ones. :slight_smile:

Possibly. I don’t go there too often, but my previous history may have tipped the G-man off.

2 Likes

Nothing to keep you on a budget like being embarrassed that you physically have no money

1 Like

A lot of people still manage their money in cash. It’s huge in America. Lot’s of of people put their cash into envelopes and they manage their budget from there.

We want to get people using Emma instead :wink:

2 Likes

Yes this is a hard one. My friends just cash out their wages and spend it during the week. What’s left in the bank covers bills. That’s quite big with them. I do discuss EMMA with them but they think they don’t earn enough to bother with it. I much prefer using my phone and rarely use cash. But that’s me!! I wanted to be a little part of the new wave In personal finance
Xx

1 Like

From @edoardomoreni posting on monzo.

2 Likes

Woah

This is very foreign to me - I’ve grown up not using cash from like the age of 15 and before that my parents bought everything :cold_sweat: hell, I don’t even remember putting my card into the machine very often since then! Now I’m paying with a watch :cold_sweat:

Couldn’t they have like, two accounts. Bills & spending.

It’s very convenient - right?

1 Like

Yup much better than cash. Better control better security and better accounting thanks to EMMA.
Hans

1 Like

Better control definitely, also better security (I can call my bank and have my card frozen - gl with cash)

As for better accounting - I actually disagree if you’re moving money around a lot.

Emma thinks I have like 2k transfers going around somehow and I really can’t be bothered to go and try work out how to fix it all :frowning_face: so as such I’ve not really been using Emma for anything, I just check my balance!

2 Likes

I have done lots of posting. :eyes:

Hey @Recchan

If you transfer money across accounts regularly then Emma will recognise these as income or you being paid to begin with. If you exclude the transactions then it will start to exclude all credit card/card transfers and balance out.

@edoardomoreni taught me this because I had the same problem with transferring my bills into another bank account. It thought I had a second income.

Now I don’t have any problems and it always excludes them.

1 Like

It isn’t balancing out :frowning: I have been excluding them but it’s hard to work out what I’m transferring and where and to who and then exclude the last one

2 Likes