Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Yes 42 years! Now thatā€™s a long term relationship! When I joined it was Midland Bank!

Did have a look at the help thing but I wanted a generic article about how to handle credit cards eg do you exclude payments to your credit card to stop it double counting your spending if itā€™s also tracking the transactions. When I entered credit card all I got was a post about HSBC credit card not being available.

Sorry if you already know this, but you can now deposit cheques using the HSBC app (you take photos of it)!

I donā€™t know how widespread this feature is across other banks, but it is one of the things I like about HSBC.

Alex

I didnā€™t know this. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hello Iā€™ve had Emma about a week. Unfortunately for some reason the notifications havenā€™t been working for me at all, but I spoke to a lovely person called Joel on chat and I got an actual notification this morning-very exciting! (Thanks Joel). I signed up because my partner has used Emma for a while and says it really helps. I started a new job recently which should mean I have a bit of money to save for the first time in around 10 years. So Iā€™m hoping Emma will help me make sure I can actually do that and it doesnā€™t get lost among the general life budget and surprise expenses that come with having a kid (last minute presents for class birthdays??) I am not great financially at all so hoping I might learn a bit here.

2 Likes

Hello all, Emma here! :slight_smile:

New to Emma today, hoping to learn a few things about my money habits! Itā€™s taking some time to import all the data, is this normal? Just wanted to check it was standard to take quite a while (weā€™re talking over an hour currently) or if itā€™s my phone/software?

A bit more about me - Iā€™ve recently started maternity leave after having my 2nd boy :slight_smile: so hopefully thereā€™ll be some things that can be highlighted on my account that can save me some pennies! Is anyone else on maternity leave? Have any tips?? :grinning:

Many thanks!

Emma

1 Like

Hi @Spectra, nice to see you here! :smiley: :smiley:

Hi @emma.lina, nice to see you here! Hope the maternity leave is going well. :slight_smile:

Hey everyone! Iā€™m Jase. :man:

I joined the waitlist back in October 2017 and have used Emma since I had access to it (with a few periods of uninstalling for various reasons, nothing negative!).

I work in FinTech (which the world and his wife seem to do it seems recently) for a company with a small banking platform with some big partnerships. :money_with_wings:

I love in the big smoke, aka London. :cityscape:

Things I like;
:running_man: running
:dancing_men: dancing
:timer_clock: early adoption
:hammer: DIY / electronics
:airplane: city breaks
:sailboat: sailing

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m Nat, :wave: been on Emma over 6 months now but only just found the community so I thought a late reply was better than none! I am paralysed, Diabetic, Asthmatic, just got out of hospital after a month that started as kidney failure ended as me catching COVID 19 whilst inside! So happy :grin: Iā€™m home again!
I like

Chilling out with the Hubby, Son and Stepson,
MUSIC (massive part of my life)
Program and film buff,
Seeing family and friends,
Reading
Sleeping
And doing my job as a Nail Technician! :purple_heart::wave::uk:

1 Like

Welcome to the team Jase :muscle:

The truth in this :laughing: I think we need to get out more Jase. FinTech people tend to only know other FinTech people it feels like. It doesnā€™t help that all our offices used to be within a 5-minute walking distance

Hey @Nat

Sounds like youā€™ve been through it all over the last couple of months! Glad youā€™re out of hospital

Now, the real question is, what kind of music are we talking?

1 Like

Completely agree! Sometimes it feels like that 1 table at a wedding where all the single people are sat, expected to make small talk :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

Nice to e-meet you all.

Iā€™m Charlie - a dad of two little rascals (4 year old Girl and 2 year old Boy) and Solutions Engineer for a global data centre company. Based out of the South East of the UK.

In my work life I work closely with my customers and partners on their traditional Colocation requirements (Racks, Power and Connectivity to Service Providers/Network providers) and also closely with vendors on our on demand bare metal platform (Nvidia, HPE, Fuitsu & Nutanix).

Outside of this, busy bringing up the 2 kids, current times dont help, long times being stuck in the house has driven us all to the edge of insanity. Looking forward to getting back to everyday life.

Thanks all and stay safe.

Charlie

1 Like

Hello. :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

Welcome welcome @Charlientl!

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m Bekki and Iā€™m the new Marketing Manager at Emma :smile:
A little about meā€¦

I love food and I especially enjoy finding lots of new places to eat out in London! :hamburger::fries::pizza:
Iā€™m also a keen traveller and once spent six months travelling around South America :sunglasses::sunny:

Iā€™m super excited to join this community and canā€™t wait to get to know everyone a little better!

6 Likes

Welcome! :wave:

Hi Bekki! Welcome to the Emma community :slight_smile:

Hi everyone. Iā€™m Christine :wave:

4 Likes