Export Data To CSV

Hey guys!

As you probably know, one of our features in Emma Pro is that you can export your data to CSV.

I’m interested to know what you do with the data once it’s exported…?

I.e do you use it to calculate anything, track your spending in any new ways, create any new graphs, etc…

I’ve played around with a few graphs in Excel to visualise my spending. It’s much easier to see changes over time, for example. So, eg how does my grocery spending compare to a year ago.

I’d love to do mass tagging and notes in Excel to reimport, but it doesn’t sound like reimporting is on the cards.

In a perfect world, there would be a simple web app that linked directly to my Emma account and supported mass tagging and editing plus more advanced visualisation! :joy:

It would be really cool if we could share some templates that people were currently using that had all the graphs etc added in already - I think people who weren’t as confident on excel could really benefit from that!?

Yeah I’d love an Emma dashboard! :raised_hands::crossed_fingers:

I’ve used it a couple of times, once for analysis personally (easy way to export all accounts in one vs logging into banks) and also just to see the output.

I would love it if Emma produced some graphs and output as PDFs (with your weekly analytics GIFs to boot!).

From my albeit limited experience, this doesn’t really work. Partly because it’s tricky to do a spreadsheet that’s easy to use and customise and partly because there are so many ways to do the same thing in Excel that it quickly becomes very specific to your use case

Yeah, I guess everyone would want slightly different information.

If there were 5 or 6 key things that people wanted to see from their spreadsheet surely it would be easy enough to create a template that you just copied your downloaded data into and then everything calculated for you :woman_shrugging:t2:

Ooo do you mean instead of downloading the data as a CSV, it was a ready-made PDF report with analysis/ graphs?

1 Like

Exactly that :slight_smile:

That sounds very cool!

Probably not something we’d add to the top of our to-do list, but I think it would be a really nice feature.

Do you know if any other banking/ investment type companies do anything similar to this?