Analytics & Budgeting Improvements

Are we able to set default graph views or the graph picked is locked in until changed

I think there is some value in ‘previous month’ too (or any user selectable month). For example, if you have spent heavily one month, your aim for the following month might be to spend less than the previous month. There might also be some value in seeing how your spending compares to the same month in the previous year.

The ideal would be to have options. But if no options, my preference would be for the reference/comparison line to reflect the average of several previous months.

2 Likes

Agreed more options to dial in exactly what i want would be ideal, but i totally agree an average is what would be preferred if i cant select anything

1 Like

Agreed! It would definitely be useful to compare to last month, as well as last year, or the average of last 12.

This is all live for everyone.

1 Like

Excellent news @edoardomoreni :grin:

I’ve already had a play with spend over time (yearly period) and like what I see.

Just wondering if other users also experience the analytics page “crashing” randomly when swiping through the periods. I get put back to the home screen and have to start again.
Not a biggie but annoying.

Any chance you can ping live chat? We can check this

1 Like

Will do :+1:t2:

@edoardomoreni I don’t know if anyone has already asked for it before, but it would be great to add another option similar to ‘all accounts’ with ability to refine categories. This would allow to switch off the categories such as Bills which usually take a fixed amount every month at the same dates and are not really needed for comparison.

1 Like

Just to add to this that while I love the analytics in Emma without being able to include pending transactions in either budgeting or spending it’s not very useful.

For example, I’ve a £200 or so difference between what I’ve spent and what Emma thinks I have because Christmas.

Please consider this feature in 2023c, it would
complete the app for me.

1 Like

Can we please add a percentage functionality in the spend by categories. Although it’s great I know my exact monetary spend, I would like to know the percent of my total spend per category. I feel this should be a fairly straightforward addition.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Some really good and interesting ideas here :slight_smile:

I will make sure to pass this all on to the Product team!

1 Like

I sometimes forget how left to spend is calculated (mainly whether or not commited spend is included in the calculation). I then have to do a calculation to remind myself. It would be helpful if there was a little info button next to the budgeting wheel in the budgeting section. When tapped this could provide an explanation/reminder of left to spend.

Are you still considering some reference lines other than previous month/period?

I am finding that I do like seeing my spending relative to previous period, but would be nice to see against other reference lines too.

Another suggestion for this line graph…

It is useful that under the graph you provide the total spend for the reference period (previous period). But it would also be useful if there were a way to know the spend in the reference period at the current point within the period. Perhaps tapping the value for the previous period could toggle it between current point and end point. Would be particularly useful when viewing year period.

1 Like

With the oncoming demise of moneydashboard, I’m going to miss their only good feature - graphing last month’s net worth against this month’s. I find it useful to check I’m on track with saving. Would you consider implementing something similar?

We do this for spending.

Networth doesn’t change that frequently?

I just got a notification for “You’re back on track with your Groceries budget”, but I can’t really find a place in the app to get a “feel” for whether I’m on or off track with a specific budget (other than just waiting for the next random notification, I guess).

The “daily allowance” is good, but it’s for all spending overall. I think you’re likely to have a lot more direct control over the spending velocity of certain categories than others (i.e. I can do a lot about Eating Out spend, but maybe not so much about Bills) - so it’d be good to see the same allowance number on a per-category (or even per-merchant) budget.

2 Likes

Got it! Thank you for sharing your suggestion!

Less about frequency of change, but I like to compare this month’s net worth against the previous month to keep control of how much I’m saving.