Some users that are trying to connect First Direct accounts are getting the following error
We know this is an issue and we’ve reported it to the First Direct Open Banking team.
If you are encountering this issue, reach out to us via chat and we’ll add you to the ticket we’ve raised.
We’ll continue to update here on the action and responses we get back from First Direct
Update 2nd April
No response from First Direct - followed up
Update 3rd April
No response from First Direct after follow-up yesterday. Will check back this afternoon
Update 6th April
No update from First Direct over the weekend. Followed up with them this morning
Update 7th April
Response back from First Direct. They require additional information in order to debug what’s going wrong.
We’re collating this new information and sending it off to them ASAP
Update from earlier today.
We provided First Direct with the additional details. We suspect that the issue lies with a new app update that First Direct have released. We asked First Direct to investigate with priority as it appears to be impacting all users that have updated to the new version of the First Direct app
Update 9th April
We’ve provided the additional details to First Direct, still waiting for them to get back to us
Update 14th April
Followed up with First Direct again asking them to get back to us
Update 16th April
This is the response we had from First Direct yesterday
We have investigated the issue on First Direct Version 4.0.2 (Appstore Version) on iOS 13.3.1 and on iOS 12.1.2 using Emma App - 2.6.3
We haven’t been able to reproduce the issue using multiple First Direct builds, the issue looks to be fixed in the Emma app release.
Given there have been several bug fixes it is possible the issue has been addressed in one of these versions.
Users have continued to report that they’re still having issues even with the new version of the First Direct app. We reported this to them yesterday and we’re still waiting on a response
Update 17th April
We chased them again today but they still haven’t responded
Update 20th April
No response over the weekend. Followed up with them again
Update 21st April
No response from First Direct after follow-up. Sent them another message asking them to get back to us
Update 22nd April
Still no response from First Direct. We’ve reached out to their head of Open Banking to see if we can hurry along a response and we’ve sent another follow-up message to their team
We’ve had word from some users that First Direct has recently released an update to their app and this resolves the issue.
The latest version of the First Direct app is 4.2.0. I’ve included a screenshot of the update below
We’ll keep monitoring the situation until we’re confident this does resolve the issue. In the meantime, try updating the app and connecting your accounts again