Yolt Discussion & Feedback

I prefer almost everything about Emma - range of banks, features, functionality, community. The customer service and responsiveness to suggestions is FANTASTIC - with Yolt suggestions and feedback goes into a black hole never to be seen again. I also much prefer the way Emma splits accounts into Everyday/Savings/Investments.

That said, the style of the Yolt interface (fonts, colours, general slickness) looks way more professional. It’s not about the “fun vibe” argument - I don’t mind all the gummy bears stuff - it’s more that the Emma interface as a whole is starting to look a bit… dated. It would be possible to smarten it up without losing the fun element.

Overall, though, it’s a :+1:t2: from me.

1 Like

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Every time I go on the Yolt app it just reminds me of the British Gas website and that one time I had to sit for hoursssss sorting out one of my bills :joy: not good memories haha

1 Like

lol :no_mouth: :no_mouth:

It looks like they are launching a debit card, anyone on the beta?

Looks like it’s getting closer - tweet - 19 Oct 2020

Monzo community forum post re update

Looks like it’s set for full rollout.

They’ve updated their FAQs.

https://www.yolt.com/faqs/

Interesting that they see a debit card as the best way forward to doing savings…

Have you tried it?

No, waiting for the rollout to see what’s what. No massive desire for yet another prepaid debit card!

I can see a lockin strategy emerging from them though with autosaving, possibly cashback?, and a card that tracks your spending but only in their app… They’re probably chasing interchange too, which is not a bad idea as far as diversifying revenue streams.

Ever thought of a debit card linked to Emma cashback?! What would be sweet is a passthrough card, a bit like PayPal, where you can link any underlying funding source, so you get all your transactions in open banking, then just use the front card to track the cashback.

We don’t need a card, we could just link your existing transactions. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well having been a user of Yolt since June 2017 when they launched, I had one of the worst experiences with this app yesterday.

I actually was trying to do something related to my job and ended up getting myself suspended from Yolt (long story but I did nothing wrong!).

I emailed their customer support and while it is quick like Emma’s often is, it was pretty robotic and unhelpful.

I liked their app but their eKYC experience is disastrous and a let down. :frowning:

Oh no - that doesn’t sound good! :see_no_evil:

Did you manage to get your account back? Or has the whole experience put you off going back?

I’m suspended so I can’t go back. I didn’t use it often but essentially for cost reasons if you fail eKYC, you can’t go through it again.

I suspect what is happening is their provider is seeing that I flag as a PEP (Politically Exposed Person) and is just failing me due to bad configuration on their side.

What they should be doing is to ask me questions or more ID confirmations to rule out the risk on their side.

I will raise it with their product team eventually as it was a really poor experience but I’m not going to cry over it :joy: ….much.

Just posted a new topic (which I thought was big enough news to warrant it’s own) but adding the link here in case admins want to merge…

People are talking about the Yolt Spending graph. It helps you see how fast you’re burning through your budget on a day to day basis and compares to the previous month which displayed as dotted line on the same graph.

If Emma introduces this, then it’s game over. Emma will be undisputed champion

1 Like

I think snoop already has this