Snoop Discussion & Feedback

Hey guys,

I am opening this topic so we can discuss the competition!

Anyone has tried the Snoop app? What features do you like the most? :slight_smile:

Funnily enough I have snoop , far far far !! Behind!! they seem to prioritise integrations more than they do core functionality of the app. You donā€™t get in app support, response time can be 1 hour + for simple enquiries and even just to update an icon or description, mostly the feed is generated by submissions of their users. Looking at the activity on their community I canā€™t imagine theyā€™re booming.

Yep, I have it too.

Have you see any interesting features you would like to see in Emma? :slight_smile:

Bank/account info in the composite transaction list

Weekend Snoop about upcoming regular payments the following week

Iā€™ve tried and keep an eye on many aggregators out of curiosity, but Emma and Snoop are the only ones I actually ā€˜useā€™.

Hmm i mean the snoop feed is an interesting take, but I find it a glorified Hotukdeals, besides that I think youā€™re miles a head. Maybe if you did a something like a browser overlay where you could check through the EMMA Feed looking for vouchers, sort of like a messenger bubble or by using the auto fill API.

The thing on the bottom still covers transactions. Said about it and was brushed off. They are lucky itā€™s still installed tbh.

I would add a screenshot but it keeps closing this when I add the pic :expressionless:

Complain to hello@snoop.app might get a reply tomorrow if lucky , I tell you what @edoardomoreni what just come to mind is your phone contract subscriptions on EMMA, could you change it so you can add device details and contract dates ? Thatā€™s one other thing I can think off! Reminders which then refer you to the switching section :wink:

2 Likes

Would be cool if you could put in the device information also so if itā€™s out of warranty and your phones destroyed you could work out the best options for a replacement (cost wise)

I have just let all my bank connections lapse on snoop. Some of the snoops were interesting, but they didnā€™t seem particularly linked to my transactions.

Iā€™m not sure I am missing much by no longer having live data!

1 Like

I do like the idea of crowd-sourced (but curated) ways to save money. They need to be linked to transactions in the main, but any ideas on how to save money/gain extra points is always interesting. I donā€™t think any other aggregator or bank is doing this right now.

Thatā€™s pretty much the only distinctive thing about Snoop, but I do worry if Emma does do the same thing how much time, money and resources would be needed to constantly moderate it, they have a separate thread for their definition Snoops* which is a dedicated thread to report which ones shouldnā€™t have slipped through the crack. Thatā€™s probably the only thread which gets regular activity.

1 Like

I had it 2 days and deleted it. Hated it.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather do this in the community. :sweat_smile:

Haha :joy: what about the little graphic of the goggles when you open snoop, Could give the bears some sass :wink:

If anyone would like to get an impression or a comparison between the community ideas hereā€™s a link to their community :wink:

Warn you though itā€™s always quiet :shushing_face::joy:

LoL :upside_down_face:

I installed Snoop this week and have been impressed. Iā€™m pretty finance savvy but theyā€™ve already offered me a couple of personalised suggestions Iā€™ve taken up to save me money.

Their analysis and categorisation of spending is inferior as the number of spending categories is limited however Iā€™m told they will add custom categories this month.

Overall I did like the look and feel of the Snoop app.

Such as? :slight_smile:

I think Snoop have been particularly unfortunate having their public launch near the start of lockdown when most peopleā€™s spending patterns were abnormally curtailed and homogenous (and therefore the Snoops have to be quite homogenous or generic). I think the usefulness of their Snoops canā€™t really be properly judged until people get back to their normal variety of spending.

Itā€™s all relative though. There will be users of Monzoā€™s community who would say the Emma community is very quiet.

The early days of a community is probably when youā€™re most likely to have your voice heard.

1 Like