Why You Need Emma Pro

We haven’t reduced the pricing. :slight_smile:

It’s £59.99/yr.

:face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Interesting

The Help page is out of date. Still says you can get pro for free. Also, if you already have Pro, there’s no easy way to view the current annual cost in the app (because you don’t have the Go Premium button)…

Are you maybe thinking of the promotion they did where you could get Pro for 14.99 for a year?

If I already have Pro and see a reduced price offer (such as £14.99/year) what would happen if I purchase that offer? Would an extra year be added to my membership starting at the end of my existing subscription period?

The subscription is handled by Google Play Store for Android, which only allows payment on renewal, so you couldn’t do this, imo

Thanks for raising this! I’ve removed the reference to free

Yep I’m talking about the £14.99 promotion (although pricing for 1 and 6 months was also reduced).

I had no idea this was a random promotion. I thought it was a new price. I did think it was a little too cheap, but I was happy to take advantage of it, of course.

I maintain that the pricing for all should be lower than £9.99/month or £59.99/year. Don’t get me wrong, I love this app. But £60 is Netflix territory. £15 is premium weather-app territory. I think Emma slots in between…

2 Likes

I think 59.99 a year is any app you use every day. There are probably 5 of those? :stuck_out_tongue:

It Varys based on the service, Grammarly the keyboard app is £60 + , Dashlane £40 +, Amazon Prime is £80 a year, I love the service at Emma etc. But being the only aggregator who offers a subscription model, Monzo Plus cost the same over the year, Luckily was able to get the promotional price, but for what extra features are (still very useful) offered, doesn’t warrant £60 a year in my opinion, there’s a lot I’m having to refer to Support (which I really appreciate the help for​:v:), like misnamed transactions, having to ask support to deactivate an old subscription, transactions not appearing, I understand tech has its knacks occasionally :slight_smile: , regardless I’ve got the utmost respect and appreciate for the brand and Team :slight_smile:

I use CARROT Weather every day and its top tier premium features are £30 a year (although I use Tier 1, which is like £3 a year).

1Password, an app I also use every day (on all my devices!) is around £35 a year and it’s actually cheaper for me as I split with a family account.

2 Likes

I took advantage of the £15 pricing having been previously put off by the £60 pricing.

I’ve been thinking about what I’d be prepared to pay next year when the promotional offer expires.

If the annual price was £24 per year it would be a no-brainer purchase for me. Even if I didn’t use any Pro features i’d pay this just to support app development. If the annual price was £42 per year I’m fairly certain I would still pay assuming there were still one or two Pro features I’m intererested in. At higher prices I would have to deliberate with myself whether it’s really worth it, with a chance I wouldn’t pay.

As with @Aldot I find myself comparing pricing with my password manager (also 1Password at £35/year). Excluding software I need for for business reasons this is probably the single purpose utility/app that I spend most money on at the moment. Partly for this reason, £24-£42/year (equivalent to £2.00 to £3.50 / month) feels about right to me for a personal money management app.

The only other software I spend more on for non-business reasons is a full on suite - Microsoft 365 @£60/year.

1 Like

Always really intrigued by these kind of apps! Would you say they’re generally a lot more accurate than the bog standard version you get on your phone?

Yeah, although that is set to change with Apple’s acquisition of Dark Sky, which is the data source that CARROT uses by default (others are available).

Interesting!

I’m on Android but I guess for me all I really need to know is whether it’s likely to rain or not! :umbrella: