What merchants would you like to see in Rewards?

Perhaps an integration with other rewards/cashback platforms - e.g. Flux or Tail - where Emma provides them with the transaction data from any of our connected bank accounts. Or if you would like to go it alone, then look at the types of merchants they are working with and replicate. Mostly I’d like to receive rewards for my day-to-day food spending - so coffee shops, sandwich shops, restaurants, etc.

In the long term I’d like to see someone provide an integrated experience for all the different supermarket reward schemes without needing to have different cards for each scheme. But this is probably a pipe dream…

4 Likes

The dream!

1 Like

If they could do 2% cashback on everything I’d use Curve everywhere, regardless of how trashy their CS is.

But they’ve honestly botched the product - and the feedback. The forum is controlled too tightly, you suggest how to improve Curve and then flag your post and hide it for not being on topic. It’s dumb.

They should give you a job offer as head of forum :slight_smile: you seem to actually want to engage with us, which is key to a quality product.

Literally market Curve as a high spender/multiple card user card and call it a day.

Do the following:

• Remove all possible spending limits and make raising them as easy as calling Curve and saying you’ve hit your yearly limit or something.
  • Get rid of daily/monthly limits.
  • Offer cashback on all purchases, 3-6 merchants for £10-15 a month is overpriced unless I’m a trucker spending money on gas that I’m getting reimbursed on (unless I’m using Curve for business expenses too I guess, in which case it might well be worth it).
  • Remove travel insurance and all the other bells and whistles.
  • Commit yourself in your contract to providing S.75 protection for underlying credit cards.
  • Don’t sue Amex for suspending service to you, makes everyone lose faith in Curve. That and sit down with Amex and try to bring it back :slight_smile: because I won’t use Curve now I have my Amex.

Remember the following: Your USP is providing me with a card that gives me some nice but not neccessary benefits (like cashback) and letting me only carry one around. If I want a card with travel insurance and lounge access, I’m likely to have that on an underlying card (which I do, 2 cards actually)

1 Like

Thanks for the nice feedback! It is important to engage with your community at the end of the day. All feedback is appreciated and goes towards making a great product :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t you look at the highest merchant spends across Emma users by country and go after them? Seems to me I’d like rewards where I spend the most? Maybe you have to rule out some merchant types to bring it down to everyday spending (my mortgage bank would be my highest absolute spend). Maybe number of transactions is a better measure?

Otherwise… Tesco, Aldi, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Vodafone, TalkTalk, Amazon, eBay, Nectar.

What about ‘group buy’ exercises for SIMs, energy, insurance, etc?

Might be distracting from nailing the basic and extended functionality of a banking and budgeting aggregator though?

1 Like

Hey @Nod_356s, what do you mean by group buy?

Most common example I have seen is ‘a community’ approaching providers on a bill category like energy (gas &electricity) supply and negotiating a specific deal which members of the community can then take up or leave, no obligation. I’ve seen that done in the UK by PetrolPrices, MoneySavingExpert, and others. Why not extend that to other things. Like canvassing telecom companies for a 12/24 month SIM only deal exclusive to Emma users, etc.

Hey @lilli - I took advantage of the Farewill reward over the weekend. There’s still sadly a discrepancy between the T&Cs and the offer when viewing the reward, but either way it was fairly good.

Great service and I helped my other half do their will in no time.

As I usually travel 3-4 days a week, I’d love to see hotel partners like Hilton and travel partners like thetrainline (or similar) on this.

I think for personal use, some more subscriptions would be great. You can subscribe to just about anything these days and maybe this could be worth it? ASOS for clothing, Monocle for their magazine…