What is Emma's most confusing feature?

At Emma, we are building lots of things and we are doing it super super fast.

Making the product simple is and comprehensible to everyone is our first priority.

With this said, it would be nice to know if you find any feature particularly difficult? Is there anything that you had to check multiple times before it made sense?

1 Like

There isn’t any. It’s all perfectly smooth and easy. I like the colours and layout.
It took me a short time to learn my way around the system. It’s cool. Well done to all your developers and the other team Members
Hans

1 Like

Overall I think Emma is the easiest learning curve out of all of the budget apps I’ve tried. Everything is really intuitive. Even my mom was able to figure most things out, and this is her first introduction to a budgeting app. Only finding the Pro features like custom categories and manual accounts stumped her.

The only thing that took me a while to figure out was where the search bar was located. I expected it to be at the top of the see all transactions view or as one of the cards on the home screen. Because of the card with the ‘What Did I Spend’ search function on the home screen, I mistakenly thought that that was the only way to search within the app. It wasn’t until a week after using Emma that I noticed it was on the Accounts tab. That might just be me though. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

The process for adding a manual account makes no sense to me. Instead of hitting “add an account” in the accounts tab, I need to go to More > Emma Pro > manual account. It took me ages to find it.

4 Likes

Yes, this happens. ehehe

1 Like

That is true, but it would be hidden if we placed it alongside all the supported banks.

1 Like

Search :mag_right:!!!

Why is this not on transections page as well as on accounts?

1 Like

Looks like you guys want it everywhere. :rofl:

1 Like

No just on transections and accounts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was going to reserve that spot to a button to edit transactions more quickly. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t understand what a manual account is really but otherwise no issues

(Erm, can I edit posts?i left out a word and was trying to make thing less confusing. Sorry)

2 Likes

You can create “fake” accounts in Emma Pro to track cash or bank accounts we don’t support.

2 Likes

Thank you. That makes sense.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Just put it at the top of the list before the list of banks, highlight it in a different colour, have it as a floating button etc. There are tonnes of UI options. Right not it may as well not exist, as no one is ever going to discover that feature unless they’re actively looking for it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s true, we are going to check this.

I think we can place it in the list. :rocket:

1 Like

I don’t think I really find anything particularly confusing about the app.

The only thing that comes to mind as somewhat confusing (or maybe hard-to-remember is more accurate) is the entry points and non-consolidated nature of search (as has already mentioned by others). I put my thoughts on this in a dedicated thread a few months ago.

Not confusing, but a suggestion - when using scramble mode, I’d prefer to have to hold the ‘Tap here to dismiss’ banner for a second or so before it was dismissed. A few times I’ve swiped across the screen and accidentally re-entered normal mode - I can imagine showing people who are not familiar with app and then them accidentally touching the banner and instantly they’d see all my data, but if the banner had to be held for a bit I think this would be less likely to happen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s really interesting.

In the past, we had people asking “why is my app showing in a different currency???”.

They didn’t even realise they were scrambling, so we have been focusing on improving this funnel a lot. :wink:

1 Like

What’s confusing to me is why certain Merchants are listed but not available to add? (ie MoneyBox)

1 Like

Do you mean investments?

1 Like