Tracking Stocks and Commodities

I currently have my Vanguard ISA and SIPP as manual accounts that I update occasionally. Will this cover funds as well or just ETFs? I’d like to be able to list which funds and the units in each under the two accounts and have that automatically update the account balances. If they all just go in one pot I wouldn’t know the split between the ISA and SIPP which isn’t ideal.

We are using this service to pull the value from about 6 different exchanges (https://marketstack.com/), there should be enough to cover lots of use cases.

Looks like they only have the listed ETFs, not unlisted mutual funds so this feature wouldn’t work for me. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Also seems to be missing accumulating versions of some major ETFs. For example, it has VWRL and VGOV, but not VWRP and VGVA

We are building this in a way where we can plug and play multiple APIs, so we might find another source as well. :slight_smile:

I’d be super keen on being able to track individual stocks but mainly Vanguard funds. I manually update these as investments at the moment but it would negate the need to have integrations with the likes of trading212 / vanguard in my eyes.

As a note - being able to track RSUs in emma using this feature would be amazing.

I’m personally not interested in trading stocks with Emma. Most people are going to either not trade reguarly enough or use funds (to care about it being free in Emma) or do it enough that they will want a dedicated platform.

2 Likes

To be honest, 95% of Emma users have never bought a stock before, so there is always a question of can we make this easy for everyone and accessible. :wink:

We are looking at stocks and offering GIA/ISA to connect to ETFs and other funds.

Finger in the air figure or sourced data? Just curious.

1 Like

I think if you talk about our first 5,000 users, I would have agreed with you. They all had Monzo/Starling and they were into everything.

However, as soon as you start hitting the hundreds of thousands (then millions), the picture you see is that of the general population.

When it comes down to Emma, we like to think las the 5,000, but there is also a thought about how we serve the next 5 million users?

The focus on serving the masses is always good to hear! :rocket:

Hey guys, we have an update here: Trading Stocks and Crypto

I use IG and AJBell. I tried all the newbies in town (Freetrade, T212, Moneybox) but there’s always something missing, eg. Moneybox they didn’t let me switch from Cash LISA to S&S, so I had to transfer. I found Freetrade too basic (pretty, but poor functionality), T212 ISA isn’t flexible… after all the old school ones were the best, IG especially, their platform is one of the best out there and the customer service is great. Like other people in the comments I tend to get ETFs for long term investments, as opposed to individual shares which make up for a very small % of my investments. I would definitely love to be able to see my investments and bank accounts all in one place :heart_eyes::star_struck: