I’m still new to Emma and trying to learn / figure out Emma. With the subscription feature, I found that it groups together three type of transactions:
- True subscriptions like Netflix, Sound Cloud, …
- Yearly membership transaction + additional one off transactions like Amazon Prime, Thrive Market, Instacart, Rent the Runway
- Reoccurring payments like Metromile, State Farm
- This works as expected.
- While this seems to work for Amazon Prime (because the yearly fee is labeled as Amazon Prime vs Amazon), it doesn’t work properly for Thrive Market or Instacart for example. It would be nice to have a way to specify what the subscription / membership fee is by selecting transactions and marking other transaction as non membership/subscription. I think this may be helpful to spot memberships that one is no longer using.
- I can adjust this to mark them as not a subscription but they are still monthly commitments. So perhaps these belong to a separate feature of monthly commitments / expenses like rent, mortgage, car, insurance or education.
That’s all the feedback I have. Would be great to have a better way to view the membership transactions for services under subscriptions without the prediction getting cluttered / being inaccurate due to one-off payments / transactions.