Starling Discussion & Feedback

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

Have opted in to the new layout.

Prefer it already. Detested the burger menu.

Bottom nav bar, just like my Monzo now :smile:

I quite liked the burger bar :joy:

Did you see they’ve also introduced the Starling Suggests popup cards to the home screen? What do you think about them… helpful, or annoying?

1 Like

No, haven’t seen them.

On android?

Yeah on Android. I’ve only seen it once so assumed this was the new feature they talked about, but it was just a small box at the bottom of the home screen that you could click on/ swipe to learn more about x,y,z…

1 Like

I shall keep an eye out then :wink:

Starlings latest feature allowes bills to be deducted from savings pots. However Emma’s data does not pull in transactions from savings pots, as a result predicted payments and subscription are not being flagged, or appear as still pending. Is this something that will be reviewed ?

1 Like

I think this is something up for starling and might have not decided to include the pots in the Open Banking API.

Tbh, the whole starling implementation on this is weak. It only shows on your statement, even within Starling (not the spending feed or analytics), so there’s currently no way to track spaces payments in the Starling app or anywhere else :man_shrugging: Madness

I hadn’t noted the weaknesses within starling app, I use Emma for all account analysis and spending. Spending from pots is a great tool, if it works

1 Like

By the way, Spaces are coming to Emma next month or in January.

3 Likes

How will this work, will it be linked to accounts or based on transactions?

You will be able to deposit money in Emma in different spaces.

Quick demo: https://twitter.com/edoardomoreni/status/1468987689798144006

1 Like

I have used Starling in its earliest days and its good. I like its integration with Emma. Again I started with Emma right at its start. It’s all getting better. I think the starling budget with spaces is a bit un needed.

3 Likes

I think that the approach of having a space to pay bills from is a good idea as it means that the money left in the main account is spending money. I don’t think that the way it’s been implemented is a good on as money spent from the space doesn’t appear in the Starling spending summary.

I tweeted @ Starling and they said this is something on Emma’s end - not sure if that was always the case, maybe they did something and now you need to do something. Any chance of updating Emma to include transactions from Starling Goals?

I like the concept as it allows me to segregate money in Starling for my bills, but I can’t use the feature if all those payments are then going to be excluded from Emma as that makes Emma incomplete and therefore pointless.

1 Like

I also got caught out with this, thought I had a really good month! Turns out it had just missed the payments from within spaces (which is a great feature, but maybe rushed).

Anyone else having trouble with the Starling connection?
Sync runs, but it’s showing as last updated on Thursday.

Ping live chat.

I have go Henry cards for my kids. I looked at starling ones as I bank with them and it would be easier as I don’t like how Go Henry charge you a fee if you need to transfer money into your main balance more than once a month. But Starling’s child card doesn’t allow over 13’s to add the card to Apple Pay so they can use their phones to pay. My kids lose cards! Their phones though, are always in their hands!! :joy::joy::joy: