Smart Rules [Testers needed + Feedback]

You have it. :slight_smile:

Done it already!

Agree re being able to edit rules - I kept mistyping references and must have had to restart ten times! Hopefully this is as this is a beta feature.

Just need to wait for my regular transactions to come through to test if the rules Iā€™ve set work.

2 Likes

I really think it would be better to start from the transaction, for this reason

2 Likes

I donā€™t seem to

Just update the app to the latest and then check the Emma Pro list. :slight_smile:

Hi all :wave:

If youā€™ve been playing around with the new Emma Pro feature Smart Rules, weā€™d love to hear your feedback on this thread!

Weā€™ll be collating and reviewing all the feedback before we release the feature to all Pro users so while we may not respond to every piece of feedback here, it will be noted.

Initial wants:

• Add option to create Smart Rule from a transaction
  • Add ability to copy reference from transaction. The reference I have is is ~16 digits that I have to write down outside of my phone and then re-key in.
  • Can we see a preview of matched transactions before setting the rule
  • Can we run the rule on past transactions

My only question before I can see what happens:
How will it handle moving money from/to savings accounts? E.g. Moving from acc A to offline acc B: -500 vs +500

1 Like

I can confirm it is definitely being noted. And I am also very keen to get this feature working as smoothly as possible! Iā€™ve personally had a couple of issues too, so donā€™t feel like youā€™re the only one.
It shall be fixed!!!
:pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

1 Like

Just got it enabled so not sure how this will work, but one clarity Iā€™d like to have is what does reference mean when setting up the smart rule, is it the name of the transaction or the greyed out reference at the bottom of the transaction details? Also when selecting an offline account, the menu is really small and very difficult to scroll through.

Hi Joel

Been trying Smart Rules out on Android but unsure if it it working yet as have to wait for transactions to happen. Seems pretty straightforward to set up and found the best way to to set up a reference is to copy and paste from the sending account (avoids typos etc). See rules can be deleted but would be useful to be able to edit?

Would also be useful to be able to check for any historical transactions using Smart Rules?

There is also mention of being able to include a transaction amount in a rule but unable to see where to do this at present

What exactly is the ā€œreferenceā€?
I have Smart Rules enabled. I tried to set up a smart rule for transfers from my Revolut EUR account to my (offline) N26 DE bank account. I set it so that it would match the reference ā€œN26 top-upā€, then inside Revolut app I made the transfer and set the ā€œreferenceā€ to ā€œN26 top-upā€ as well. The transfer happened instantly, but then after refreshing Emma nothing happenedā€¦
When I look at the Revolut EUR transaction inside Emma it doesnā€™t contain the reference I put in from Revolut app. The ā€œnameā€ of the transaction bears my name and surname; the ā€œDetailsā€ contain the following string ā€œTo Name Surnameā€ (with my actual name and surname). There is no mention of ā€œN26 top-upā€.

Could it be that Revolut open-banking API does not communicate to Emma their ā€œreferenceā€ string somehow?

Hey @zbir :wave:

It needs to be the name of the transaction rather than grey writing

Correction: Use the grey writing instead of the transaction name

Searching for past transactions would also give you a handy preview of how your rule will work.

3 Likes

Is this working for anyone? I still havenā€™t managed to get it working at all. Everything seems to be set up correctly, had 3 rules set up for over a month now and each should have been triggered a few times. Great feature idea but definitely not ready for wide release yet.

As others say - triggering from the transaction itself, being able to edit rules, being able to view transactions the rule would apply to (similar to the categorising transactions view) would all be useful - then you could also select past transactions if you wanted the rule to apply to them.

Still not working for me and still nothing back from live chat. Feels like this isnā€™t a high priority item.

Created a new set of rules for everything to do with the transaction. My reference, their reference, bank name etc. Fired 2 Ā£1 transactions and neither worked.

Nope, doesnā€™t work for meā€¦ example set up:

I didnā€™t get anything on my Aqua cardā€¦ am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

We should be able to get back to you. :slight_smile:

Can you message live chat?

Hi folks! Question, I see smart rules are designed for transfers from an Open Banking account to an offline account, but I often do transfers in the opposite direction as well. If I transfer in the opposite direction (i.e. the Open Banking account shows a negative/debit transaction rather than a positive/credit one) will the smart rule recognise this and post the correct adjustment to the offline account? Or does it only work in the one direction?

2 Likes