Smart Rules [Testers needed + Feedback]

Not quite sure what you mean!

As soon as possible.

Due to covid, Google is reviewing apps every 10 days, so itā€™s taking a bit.

1 Like

Morning everyone!

Weā€™re now looking for Android Emma Pro users to test this smart rules feature :raised_hands:

Youā€™ll just need to drop your emma.to link below :point_down:

1 Like

Emma.to/chrisbrogan

Emma.to/lynchfiona

emma.to/michaeldowns

We are adding everyone by the end of the day and will fully release in the next couple of weeks. :smiley:

emma.to/lechbirek

emma.to/alexpocock - really looking forward to this feature. Would love to help test if you still need Android people.

You should all have it now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone got smart rules working?

Iā€™ve been playing around with it today and so far it hasnā€™t done, well, anything.

So Iā€™m probably doing something basic wrong and itā€™s not worth bugging support.

I select the real account I want to pull transactions from, then enter the ā€œreferenceā€, which I think means the transaction name (the bank reference comes up as Details in Emmaā€¦). Then I select the offline account I want to send it to.

Iā€™ve then tried doing a transaction that would trigger a rule, but nada, nothing, nowt.

It would seem more logical to me to create a smart rule from a transaction too, as I have to skip back and forth to see the exact transaction name and then remember it. Iā€™ve checked to see if a slight difference is formatting is to blame, but no.

Maybe excluded transactions arenā€™t picked up?

I have the same issue and reported it 2 weeks ago but no fix or detail on misconfiguration as yet. Problem is I wonā€™t know for another 2 weeks of itā€™s working or not now. Have to wait for new transactions to hit.

2 Likes

Weird that weā€™re not getting anything between us. Has anyone here got a smart rule working?

Iā€™ve had a few more transactions today that should have been picked up, but still nothing.

On a side note, it would be nice to be able to edit existing rules. At the moment, the only option is to delete and start again.

1 Like

Can you report it to live chat? :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll wait for the feature to be released properly, however, in order for this to work well, the rules will need to be applied in a granular way.

For example, Plum will take money from an account, and therefore would seem like a candidate for this, however, weā€™d need to be able to detect and ignore the Ā£1/2 monthly subscription costs if youā€™re signed up to a premium account.

You can select the amounts, transaction reference and dates.

I donā€™t think we have anything more granular than that. :sweat_smile: