Smart rules and offline accounts

I think I get the idea with smart rules and offline accounts but I believe they only work with new transactions as they get detected?

What I’m looking to do is this:

I have a car loan and so I’ve created a car loan offline account. I’d like to link my existing loan transactions from my current account to the car loan offline account. At the moment the only possibility that I can see is to add the transactions manually. I would then set them as excluded in my analytics since they will be double counted otherwise. But this is manual and quite tedious.

Am I missing something? Is the only way to maybe unlink my current account and re-link for the smart rule to do it’s work?

Thanks.

1 Like

You’re right, smart rules don’t handle past transactions. Which is ironic, because the search when you are setting up a smart rule is much better than the transaction search…

I’d just adjust your manual account balance and set up the smart rule for all your future transactions

hi, great info here, i want to do something similar here but am not bothered about historical payments as its new.

can you confirm if i have it set as debit it will offset the offline loan amount in the correct direction.

many thanks

That’s right - it will work for new transaction that come in