Santander Monthly Saver

I have been using Yolt previously but thought I’d try Emma.

I linked to Santander and my Current Account and both credit cards connected fine with no problem at all. But it didn’t list my Santander Monthly Saver account in the redirect and so it wasn’t included in the Emma account list.
Is there any way of linking to Santander Monthly Saver account as Yolt works with this account fine ?

Has anyone else successfully linked to a Santander Monthly Saver account ?

Hi Paul,

I would check if the Monthly Saver shows up in the list of available accounts when you get redirected to the Santander app. :slight_smile: If that’s the case, select all the accounts you want to import and you will see them in Emma.

In the case of Yolt, we are using the same exact system, as of today, so if you try again on both apps, you will see the same result.

No, Monthly Saver does not appear in the redirected Santander list of accounts so I can’t select it and it doesn’t then link to Emma. That’s the whole problem.
It does appear in the accounts list in the Santander app but not when redirected from Emma.
Yolt does recognise the Monthly Saver account and does link to it.
I’ve spoken with Santander tech support today and they checked and said it was all fine their end.
Has anyone else successfully linked Emma to a Santander Monthly Saver account ?

It’s working fine for me but I first connected to Santander over a year ago. I can’t remember if I have since been switched over to open banking or if I’m still using credential sharing for my Santander connection.

Do they redirect to the Santander app?

I’m not sure if Yolt redirects to the Santander app and I can’t check now as my accounts are already linked.

Okay, thanks.

There is an option on Emma to link ISAs - if you select that, you will be able to get the savings accounts right away.

In the meantime, we are checking why this isn’t the case. :slight_smile:

Using the ISA option and manually entering my details worked but now I’ve got 2 of every account ! I’ve just hidden the duplicates. Not ideal but at least I can see the Monthly Saver account. Thanks

Thanks for flagging this.

We usually merge the duplicates, but in this case, Santander is not returning enough information, so I suspect the merging algorithm is not working really well. :wink:

Same issue here with the monthly saver, and it doesn’t seem to be possible to add accounts via the non open banking mechanism anymore.

Any other way to get this working?

I’ve also lost access to monthly saver having now switched over to open banking Santander connection.

The open banking connection does still give me access to my easy access savings account though so some savings accounts are supported.

Basically the bank is removing all the ones that they define as “non payment accounts”.

Hello,

I was wondering if there has been a solution to this? I am also trying to add the Santander monthly saving account. Emma has allowed me to link my current account but does not give an option for linking the savings account.

I am unable to find an ‘option to link ISAs’, mentioned in one of the previous responses.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Unless regulations change, there isn’t much we can do apart from using offline accounts. :slight_smile:

I see, thanks so much for answering my question :blush:

Have you given feedback to Santander that you’d like them to make their monthly saver available through open banking?

Even though it’s not a requirement, other banks do make them available. For example, TSB’s monthly saver is available.

Thank you very much for your advice. I had not contacted Santander but that’s a good idea. I’ll try!

Yes, of course.

They don’t care. They probably think they have an advantage by not making them available.

Was directed at @KM12345 as a Santander customer.

But you’re probably right that many banks won’t make savings accounts available unless compelled to by regulation.