Onedox Discussion & Feedback

Not got a scooby… Just came across it.

1 Like

I added Bulb months ago and it’s only ever shown this

Added a mobile account recently, which also doesn’t work.

Great idea, but it doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere in practice. Perhaps it’s just too complicated with so many different providers.

Weird Bulb has been working for me for a while…

1 Like

I really just get emails telling me to connect something. XD

So I tried this and it’s literally not useful for me st all :sweat_smile: I just have O2 and TfL, no other bills st all!

haha, yeah I can imagine it only benefits people who have to pay rent, and a lot of house hold bills including cars and stuff like that. I might give this a go because I have at least 10 different bills each month!

2 Likes

I have a Onedox account. I like the idea of the service but my experience is they are prone to connection issues. I have it connected to about 8 accounts and 2 of these have connection issues going back several weeks.

I suspect its a lot harder for Onedox to maintain connections to utility companies than it is for Emma (for example) to maintain connections to banks as I don’t think they have an intermediary (such as Truelayer) to facilitate connections. It suspect this means connection issues arising from a company changing its login procedure or web interface takes a long time to get resolved.

Further to this, I think OneDox is mostly useful for bills/contracts that have annual renewal dates. It’s useful to keep the documents for these in one place from a domestic admin point of view. However, what I wish OneDox would do is provide a chronological list of upcoming contract renewal dates. That would be very useful but unfortunately they don’t do this.

Things like TFL payments and monthly subscription services (Spotify, Now TV, etc), whilst also supported by OneDox, are less of an issue to stay on top of. I don’t bother entering these in OneDox. Emma tracks those well enough for me.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not gonna lie after looking into what it actually does a bit deeper and the comments above, I’m not convinced this would be that helpful to me. Just seems like another app to download and clutter up my phone haha.

1 Like

It integrates with Starling but I can assure you it isn’t worth getting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually quite like Onedox, whilst a lot of what it offers is just a repetition of features I can get from elsewhere, the fact that I can view all of my bills (I mean the actual PDF bills, rather than just the transaction values) in one app is really useful. For example, recently I wanted to work out my average energy spend per month to see if this was very different from my monthly payment - having all of the bills in Onedox was the easiest way to add each of the bills up and then divide by the number of months. Additionally, for things like remembering car insurance/MOT, it’s quite useful to have pretty much all of my bills under one hood. I would recommend it.

It’ll be interesting to see how they get on with Open Banking…

1 Like