New Search: Help us test it

Ah sorry! Have you updated the app too? :blush:

Yes. It’s on latest iOS version but see no difference in the search functionality in my app.

Hiya

Would be happy to give it a go

https://emma.to/glyn1954

It should be fully enabled for everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see the new filters in new search now but it does not show the filtered total as it does under what did I spend feature. It would be useful to have filtered total on the top.

2 Likes

I like this idea. Thanks for the suggestion!

When I search “ebay” I get transactions that were eBay transactions but don’t have the word eBay in the metadata presented to me in Emma.

I find it frustrating that eBay transactions don’t always have the word eBay in them and instead just have the seller name so I like this behaviour of finding these transactions when searching eBay. But curious how you make it happen?

Edit - Does not seem to find all my eBay transactions

Could it be the MID? Merchant ID.

No idea, what’s the transaction reference? You can find it at the bottom of the transaction screen.

Just the name of the ebay seller and some reference number, but not the word ebay.

But I’ve just realized the transactions in question have been tagged as #ebay which explains why they’re being found by search. I don’t remember doing this myself, although I suppose I might have done - last purchase was over a year ago.

This might be the case. If you want to check, just ping us in live chat. :slight_smile:

Can you add ability to exclude results with certain keywords from search results?

For example I’d like to search for Sainsbury’s to find supermarket transactions and exclude transactions to Sainsbury’s Petrol and Sainsbury’s Bank.

I’d like to write something like

Sainsbury’s -Bank -Petrol

2 Likes

Like that idea! Will mention it to the rest of the team :blush:

1 Like

This is cool

2 Likes

We’re adding a new filter into the advanced search that’ll let you search by account as well as category, retailer, tags, etc! :rocket:

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Looks good. Can we try it with our links?

It’s live for me. I haven’t explicitly requested it

So it is!

@rebekah - The retailers aren’t sorted alphabetically which would be a great help, otherwise over time if you have shopped with many retailers, it’s impossible to find the one you want to filter on.

1 Like

It would be useful to have option of restricting searches to incoming or outgoing transactions.

For example if I’m interested in identifying all outgoing transactions over £100 I can search for transactions over £100 but this shows both incoming and outgoing transactions over £100 (making it harder for me to quickly identify the outgoing ones).

3 Likes

If you have a specific retailer in mind and you don’t want to scroll through the whole list you can type their name in the search bar and then continue using all the other filters. Agree that listing them alphabetically would also help though! :raised_hands:

1 Like