(Most-Wanted 🇨🇦) integrations

We have a thread for this: Wealthsimple Discussion & Feedback. :wink:

Any update if MBNA Canada will work again anytime soon?

1 Like

Hey Joseph :wave:

We haven’t heard anything from our provider about this becoming available but I will follow-up with them to make sure they’ve got it on their list of banks to integrate

1 Like

Its nice to track my Wealthsimple investments with emma, but it seems that there is no support yet for Wealthsimole Trade. Is this a planned feature? It would be nice to see all my investments in the app.

1 Like

@edoardomoreni : Any update on addition of MBNA ?

Also , for my Motus bank account ,although I have successfully added it however it doesn’t show any transactions. For BMO account, synch takes forever, Is there any problem with these canadian banks ? For RBC, Scotia, Deskardins , there’s no issue.

1 Like

Not yet, sorry. :frowning:

Hey Emma team!

After reviewing a bunch of financial planning apps (on Android) I decided that this is the one I would like to go with! Sadly, BMO, who I have all my finances with, is not supported :disappointed: I thought I would let you know here, but I will also message BMO to see what their thoughts are. Thanks for having this platform and fingers crossed BMO can get on board soon!

1 Like

Also wanted to add to the BMO thread as well! I tried adding my BMO account multiple times the past week, but it did not work (HSBC and WealthSimple were fine). So I messaged BMO on Twitter asking if they knew anything about the Emma-app and Plaid integration. I also mentioned that I could connect my BMO account with Mint.com but not with the Emma-app. Here’s what BMO responded:

It is possible that our app will block out third party apps for security reasons. Many third-party finance services are unavailable, since they require you to share your Online Banking information in order to register. We can’t account for why some apps have been successful to register, but we do strongly discourage customers with sharing their login information with any third party company for security reasons.

If there’s some way the Emma-app team could contact BMO or get Plaid to contact them [it seems like it’s supposed to be supported since they mention it on this blog post] to work something out, that would be amazing! I’d love to use the Emma-app, but I make most of my purchases through BMO so I’ll have to stick with Mint for now…

1 Like

Hey @cyang :wave:

We’ve reached out to Plaid about this and they’re currently working on fixing our connection with BMO :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Joel!

Thank you so much for investigating. This is greatly appreciated. Should I keep an eye here for when it is working? Or, is there somewhere else that is better?

Thanks again for looking into this matter. Cannot wait to start using Emma :slight_smile:

Regards,
Grant

1 Like

Hey!

I was wondering about maybe more credit card unions, such as Servus Credit Union.

Ezcardinfo.com

@Babylove

I’ve just got back to you via chat for Servus :wink:

For HomeTrust, their credit cards aren’t supported currently but our provider is considering adding support

I’m sure this has been requested-

Hey @Joel /@edoardomoreni - Are you guys also working with Plaid to get WealthSimple Trade supported as well? I’m sure a lot of us would appreciate seeing a true Canadian Robinhood competitor enabled on your platform

Hey @princeharshan, with Wealthsimple, we have a direct relationship. If you connect via Investments, you will use their own API. :wink: I don’t think there is a Trade API yet, but we can definitely check.

2 Likes

Is the integration for PayPal expected to come soon?

Can we have welath simple trade integration ?

It seems that Tangerine is not endorsing Emma as they said to me on Twitter.
Any possibilty of changing that ?

Thanks,

Hi, Is Plum on th list of integrations to make?

Thanks

Does Plum operate in Canada?