(Most-Wanted 🇬🇧) integrations

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: NS&I Integration

New to the app but loving it so far, thank you.

My top three requests for integration are (in order):

• Amazon
  • Charles Stanley
  • Sainsburys

Loans and Mortgages would be great too.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

1 Like

Tesco Bank (via Open Banking APIs) is on Truelayer’s list of banks which they are integrating with by the end of the quarter.

Once they implement support (they are Emma’s partners who provide bank connections), we will see Emma quickly move to add support.

So, assuming Truelayer don’t have any delays, we should see support added by around April.

thanks for the update

8 months from the time open banking was introduced is quite a wait when other similar apps like YOLT and Money dashboard already have them i understand that Emma has made the decision to do it differently but when its making the app less appealing each day i just think its the wrong decision.

I use MD much more than Emma and my only criticism of MD is no auto synchronization so i have to do it manually.

I believe there was an extension on the original Sept 2019 deadline for banks to having login methods for authorized 3rd party providers that are compliant with new regulations. I believe the new deadline is 14 March 2020. It will be interesting to see how many of the connections that currently use screen scraping in the likes of Money Dashboard and Yolt continue to work after that date.

1 Like

@o99 interesting info didn’t know there was a cut off time for these methods as at the moment its the only way they can be added and i’d rather that than nothing. I’m hoping its extended yet again.

I think theres a huge appetite with the public for seeing everything financial in one app the more the better.

1 Like

How about Raisin

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

1 Like

To the best of our knowledge, none of them should work

1 Like

The whole integration thing appears to be a complete mess. This thread just keeps going on and on with no real comments from Emma. Very frustrating. What would be helpful to customers and new customers is a page on the blog or web site that is kept up to date with status and comments and an estimated date against each bank/ section of bank. This thread should be closed

It is time the Emma community stood up and be heard instead of just paying lip service to them

7 Likes

Are you a free account user or a payed up subscriber to Emma Warren?

Paid up member

1 Like

Agreed wholeheartedly with this!

I only ask because, as a beta tester for 100’s of apps over the years, I have found those users who offer the most suggestion/comments/complaints for the app are those that don’t pay the devs anything - either via subscription or donation.

As for the integration mess, I’m not sure that’s all Emma’s fault. Security of your banking data should be the priority and scraping of data is a huge issue within the financial world.

However, I do agree that a ‘Closed Thread’ that lists current institutions Emma supports and those institutions Emma is actively seeking integration would be a good idea. I say “closed thread” as it serves no useful purpose to have users comment on such a list. There are already threads for that purpose :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not sure why no one from the United States hasn’t talked about this, but the app states that it supports US-based consumers, yet there are NO US banks on the supported list.

These are the banks that should be seriously considered before attempting to break into this market:

• Chase

• Bank of America

• TD Bank

• Citibank

• Wells Fargo

• Ally

• Simple

If anyone else agrees with me, make sure you guys :heart: my post so that the big guys at emma can see how important this is!

Capital one has updated to open banking. They allow access if requested.
ukdevelopersupport@capitalone.com the email to request API.
API homepage https://developer.capitalone.co.uk/api/open-banking-sandbox/index.html#account-information-services-api.
I would love capital one to be integrated.

3 Likes

Hi Richard,

I couldnt agree more. I have seen they do have an API and equally it is on yolt too (tested out yesterday and working). So would be amazing to have it on here. it is the one card missing to have total coverage for me!

Please put on Capital one! Or could you give us an update on date at least for when you could get this on?

1 Like

@edoardomoreni can you integrate Capital One?

1 Like

Hello,

Any chance to being able to integrate the ASDA Credit card, and also differentiate the saving savings accounts from Nationwide from the basic accounts?, please?

Kind regards,

Hierome

John Lewis Partnership Card

1 Like