(Most-Wanted) Features

Oooo this is a nice idea! Will pass it on to the rest of the team :raised_hands:

1 Like

When changing categories, please display current categories of the additional transactions to select!

I’m just starting, and I have a ton of Amazon transactions. Some are business expenses, some are groceries, and some are shopping. But when I go to change categories of multiple transactions at once, I can’t tell if I’ve already changed the category for a transaction or not, so something that I already classified as a business expense might get inadvertently changed to shopping :confused:

3 Likes

Do you mean on this screen?

Yes, precisely!

1 Like

Yes,

We can definitely do this.

Thanks for the suggestion!

It will be in the next app update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that’s awesome! Thank you! :heart:

2 Likes

Now that I’m properly awake after a mid-day nap and can formulate a proper response, I have to say my mind’s blown by this response. BRAVO!
I see you’re still a pretty lean shop, although you have openings for a designer and a few devs…if you start thinking “Maybe we should hire a product owner,” I’ve got my resume ready! Until then, you’ve certainly won a devoted user. (The app all by itself was pretty far along the path of winning me over, but this is chef’s kiss)
Thank you!

2 Likes

This is a nice idea :blush: We’ll keep it in mind for sure!

Just a minor suggestion.

Basically, I quite often accidentally switch the toggle to turn a transaction into a Repeating payment, when I just want to quickly exclude it. Could we switch the toggle round? I think a user is much more likely to use the Exclude toggle than the Repeating payment toggle anyway

Probably more of an issue on smaller phones

Edit: also, the Exclude toggle is displayed before the subscription toggle, so I even go for the Exclude toggle, but then switch the other one as it is displayed!

1 Like

Hey @Gaoler :wave:

Thanks for highlighting this! Can mention it to the rest of the team :blush:

I think this happens for me too because all transactions have the exclusion toggle, so when it’s a recurring transaction you expect to exclude this using the first thing you come across when scrolling.

If it was just swapped to be above the subscription toggle, it would cause less error prone enabling.

2 Likes

Just a simple way to categories all my transactions without having to click on each individual account.

‘Recent transactions’ does not work for this because some transactions are categorised as ‘excluded’ by accident so when categorising transactions, simply visiting the ‘recent transactions’ tab, if you do it this way you will miss out transactions that are accidentally excluded automatically.

SECOND. Having a review function to categorise transactions- eg ‘20 transactions to categorise’

Then the following day you know where you left off. You know what you have not yet done.

At the moment it takes a bit to figure out which ones you have already done and which ones you have not.

Quickbooks do an excellent job of this, it’s clear the owners have never used to Review function in Quickbooks.

1 Like

When I buy tickets for a future event, I like to set the payment date to the date of that event. However if I change the date to the future, then this appears as the most recent transaction on my homepage. Could the recent payments exclude all payments after the current date?
Thanks

4 Likes

Hey @julianferry :wave:

Thanks for posting on the Emma Community

Yeah that makes sense - I’ll share this idea with the rest of the team :blush:

1 Like

It would be super useful if we could add individual shares from the major stock exchanges under investments. For example say I have 10 shares in Accenture, it would be v useful to have an option just to add 10 shares of NYSE:ACN to the list. This would be beneficial for two significant reasons:

1. There are a bunch of investment providers that are not supported (through no fault of Emma) - this includes the big names who don’t have APIs, but also for example the many thousands of users who will have shares in the publicly listed companies they work for which are not managed via one of those big investment providers.

2. Realtime price. Right now I track the shares I have in my company via a manual account but it’s never really accurate as share prices change all the time. It would make WAY more sense if I just added the number of shares I hold and my employer’s stock ticker, and Emma automatically updated the current share price when I sync. Then the only maintenance it needs is for me to update to the number of shares I hold when I receive more or sell any.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2 Likes

Threw together a very quick and very (very) dirty mockup, if helpful :slight_smile: In this example the user has 10 shares in Accenture and 1 in BP. Obviously the numbers are rubbish.

This could also be used to create virtual or dummy portfolios for those who like to play around with shares

1 Like

Interesting idea! I like it :bulb::bulb:

1 Like

Hi Rebekah, thanks for the quick reply! It’s great to see you are responding to your community :slight_smile:

1 Like