(Most-Wanted) Features

It would be great if Emma atleast allows me to upload the receipt As soon as transaction posted on emma. As per the current situation it takes 3-4 days for the transaction to post for my American Express card and some Other which post within 24 hours are mostly in pending status which doesn’t allow me to upload receipt also, by the time it clears which you don’t know unless you keep looking for it and receipt might not be handy anymore…

4 Likes

hey @nilsej

Thank you for your feedback we had another user request this feature the other day but unfortuantely this is not something that we can offer in Emma. These transactions can often change so we are unable to track them.

Thanks

Lilli

1 Like

Hi Lilli. As I noted in our previous chat, the reason to request this feature is due to any category except “exclude” affecting the total budget. Reimbursable business expenses should not be affecting it, in my humble opinion. Putting them in the “exclude” category messes it up. I like being able to make sure that category is always zero-balanced. Hope it makes sense :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The categories are able to offset themselves.

If you add -£50 in groceries and then +£50, the result is £0.

If you have Split of transactions in Pro, you can also split a company refund (for many things) into all the categories.

2 Likes

Hi Edoardo,

That’s not exactly the goal :slight_smile: Say, I have a total budget per month of £5000, of which I have £2000 to spend on groceries, shopping, fun, etc. Business expenses aren’t a part of it but if I spend £500 on business travel, my total available budget will become £500 less. Which will not be correct because business expenses are outside of the family/private budget. The company will only compensate me next month so expenses will not be balanced the same month. Of course, next month there will be other expenses but they won’t level up either because in my case they fluctuate from £50 to £2500 depending on the projects I’m involved in. I’d still prefer business expenses to be excluded from the private budget calculation for I’d like to know how much I have left exactly for my private needs. Right now I don’t have any other option than to put them in the “Exclude”

Kind regards
Alex

6 Likes

Ability to mix US and UK accounts (and European accounts in the future? :-))

When I try adding an account, I’m automatically presented the Plaid flow, which only supports US accounts. But I have UK accounts too!

(ok, ok, fairly niche use case… but since you already support both, shouldn’t be too hard? ;-))

3 Likes

If you’ve a UK bank account you can message support and ask them to switch you over to the UK interface. You’ll be able to keep your US accounts, but you can now add UK accounts.

4 Likes

Thanks, will give that a try!

2 Likes

I have the same situation and exclude the business expenses. I think excluding them is the right treatment as its not my money I am spending so it shouldn’t affect my budget. I use the business category for other businesses which are non refundable.

3 Likes

Hey @Jonny1623

We are hoping to build a feature that allows you to set custom logos in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Total amount of pending transactions pretty please. Unless I missed something, they are not reflected on the “total left to spend”. Whilst I completely understand why they should not - I myself had hundreds of pounds hanging unauthorised for weeks, it’d still help in the majority of the end-of-pay-period cases.

2 Likes

This is a cool idea!

1 Like

The ability to have 2+ countries linked to your Emma at once

Expats are likely to have at least accounts in 2 countries

5 Likes

Looks like some of our requests are being implemented:

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing if you can beat my streak. :wink:

3 Likes

For this, we have adopted the “Netflix” way. You see content from the region you belong. The main reason is we want to keep things smooth and clear.

An interface where you can select multiple countries just adds complexity and also addresses less than 0.1% of our users; so ask support, we can switch you from there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hehe, indeed a niche use case. Contacted support and they explained how it works + switched me to UK. I can work with that!

2 Likes

ehehe great!

1 Like

Could you not perhaps have support get the ability to have us in multiple regions then?

I don’t want to have to swap back from US to U.K. every time I get a new card or account

Perhaps you could even have a simple “select what region’s accounts you want to look at” selection thingy

It still affects 0.00001% of the users, so we are not implementing it at this time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Asking support is the best way right now!

1 Like