Joint account splitting

Are there any plans to add specific support for splitting transactions on joint account ? I would like all spending on joint account to be multiplied by half !

Thanks
David

5 Likes

Yes!! Would love to see this…I’ve been splitting mine manually!

How would you go about this? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply !

I guess when summarising spending I would like to see all the outgoing transactions on the joint account multiplied by half (unless they are transfers). Or could do it by proportion of income to joint account coming from my account if that makes sense.

Currently I do this with my own finances by using the starling api and modifying the transaction data which is quite manual.

1 Like

Yes, in theory we have a “manual way”.

Emma Pro supports transactions’ splitting, so if you split everything and put one half in ‘Excluded’, you would get the result. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah thanks I see that works ! Don’t think I can face doing it for every transaction though

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a challenge.

It is even more difficult to have this automated. :cry:

1 Like

Just joined the community to see if something like this was mentioned here :slight_smile:
This is currently the only thing missing for me to correctly manage my spending/budgets.
It would be great to have the option to set a percentage of individual contribution to joint account transactions (e.g. 50%)
It would halve the joint account balance as well, but that half is my correct share of the joint account.
I understand the trickiness, but as long as each amount for that account is halved, there should be no issues with past transactions.

1 Like

You would be happy with having a 50% button turned on? We split the balance and transactions.

1 Like

Yes, I had a more detailed look and that would be perfect.
I would then exclude any transfers from my personal account to my joint account (one on each side) + exclude the matching transfers of the second person on the joint account so they’re not treated as income. I do something similar at the moment.
That way the joint account transactions will exactly reflect my portion of the spending and the personal to joint transfers will not inflate the monthly income when excluded.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

Are there any plans for adding this “autosplit” feature?

Yes, it. would be nice to select a bank account as Joint and every transaction is split in half.

It’s really time consuming to do it manually for every transaction, and another issue with that is that when you exclude one half of the transaction at some point Emma thinks that all that kind of transactions should be excluded and it does that automatically in the future.

1 Like

There was a manual app that actually let people choose the split. As in 50/50, or 80/20, 60/40.

Are there any plans (near or far) for adding this? It skews the budgets by a lot at the moment

As a temporary solution, I would hide the joint account.

That would skew it even more unfortunately.
The cleanest way at the moment is exporting the csv and splitting the joint tx, but that’s quite a clunky process :slight_smile:

1 Like

Following up on this, I was wondering if you had made any progress with splitting the joint accounts?

1 Like

Yes,

we are currently building a new feature called Spaces that will allow to separate the Analytics screen in multiple levels. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, cheers for the update

Btw Emma’s community engagement is on point! I very rarely have this amount of contact with the team of any apps I use

2 Likes