Investing With Nutmeg

Hey folks,

We’ve teamed up with Nutmeg to bring you some more investing guides!

Just published is a guide to why you should invest and what you can invest in.

It’s well worth a read :sunglasses: :point_right: https://bit.ly/35JmVci

Let us know if you’ve tried Nutmeg before - and if you have what you think of it! :raised_hands:

Happy Friday everyone :rocket:

The second Nutmeg Investment guide is now up on the Emma blog, this time it covers investment risk. https://bit.ly/3mZauzB

The blog post also looks at the different ways you can begin investing your money. From the DIY approach to using Nutmeg to help build your portfolio.

Worth mentioning here that if you use Emma to invest with Nutmeg you won’t pay any portfolio management fees for six months :wink:

Does anyone think they’re likely to give Nutmeg a go?

Not at the moment! Never invested before but everything seems far too volatile for me to start right now.

Usually it’s time in the market so that any ups and downs are averaged over the life of your investment.

If you’re in it for say 10+ years, you probably won’t even notice any huge changes throughout.

Totally! I find this person on Instagram explains investing really well :raised_hands:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFhLQ0Ln7O7/

2 Likes

I am afraid the only Nutmeg I use is in my homemade rice pudding :rofl:

1 Like

I took a look over this guys insta - he’s really good. Shame I don’t have insta

1 Like

If you’re just going passive. 0.75% seems steep to me :man_shrugging:

This is a terrible joke :joy::joy:

1 Like

Anybody using nutmeg, interest to find out the benefits iver others. I only seem to see managed investments rather than the diy options Freetrade offers, also keen to consider Emma, though don’t think the range of stocks are wide enough (yet)

What kind of stocks are you looking for to make the switch to Emma?

ETF’s and Uk shares, Emma appears to mainly focused on US shares

Nutmeg is fully managed and charges a lot of money for that. I have used it for a couple of years, but I prefer stock picking.

We also offer an integration with Emma if you were to open an account at nutmeg.

1 Like

I would prefer to pick my own, but finding free trade got expensive, trying to find the best alternatives

1 Like

Personally trading212 is my preference one of the lowest for fees and lets you pick stocks and etfs.

1 Like

At the moment, we don’t have an ISA, UK, or ETFs, but on the Ultimate plan, Emma Invest has lower fees than trading212.

Trading 212 charges 0.15% on foreign stocks, we charge 0.12% on Ultimate.

Emmas fees are great but currently just not enough stock variety particularly missing etfs which is 95% of my holdings so just not working for me yet. Maybe in the future.

I personally also like vanguards life strategy and target retirement funds super easy and a one stop shop to be diversified into lots of places.

But everything is preference no perfect platofmr

You’re right for now the offering is a bit limited but we are hoping to expand into more UK shares and ETF’s in the future!