Inspiring Quotes

After a few months on Emma now I’ve noticed the quotes cupboard for the bottom of the feed seems a little bare. I know lockdowns are in place around the world (that comment is going to date), but I’m sure Old Mother Hubbard can justify a trip to the shops to stock up.

Here’s a topic to add famous quotes for the developers consideration and/or all of our amusement.

Keep it clean and appropriate out there!

1 Like

Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship - Benjamin Franklin.

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones - Benjamin Franklin

I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work - Thomas A. Edison

1 Like

Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value - Joe Biden

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway - John Wayne

Love this, we can add them all. :wink:

Love these. Also, this reference I thoroughly enjoyed - we don’t hear enough about old Mother Hubbard :point_down:

:yawning_face::sleeping::zzz::zzz: :wink:
I realise you’re all working hard on enhancements, bugs (and the odd bit of criticism), but take a break and have some fun with it too. :ping_pong::flying_disc::yo-yo::kite::doughnut::icecream:

Love this one! So true! :raised_hands:

Similar to “Little by little, a little becomes a lot” - Jillian Michaels

Which I think is the perfect reminder that you don’t need tonnes of cash to build a good savings pot!

“I’ve got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one to stay” - Lady Gaga

A few banks that may apply to at the moment :grin:

This one, from Friends, reminded me of @rebekah’s If you found a suitcase with dilemma thread -

Phoebe: “There’s five hundred extra dollars in my account.”
Chandler: “Oh! Satan’s minions at work again.”
Phoebe: “Yes, coz I have to go down there and deal with them.”
Joey: “What are you talking about? Keep it!”
Phoebe: “It’s not mine! I didn’t earn it. If I kept it, it would be like stealing!”
Rachel: “Yeah, but if you spent it, it would be like shopping!”

:rofl:

When you’re trying to get a Balance Transfer credit card and they offer you a low/insufficient credit limit:

1 Like

:joy::joy: Which Friends character would you be?

I’d probably be Rachel… :see_no_evil:

Well, I’m definitely not a Joey :rofl:

Hope I’m not a Ross - though same luck with marriages :rofl:

I’ll go with Chandler - Though not as funny imo

Oh, and sometimes I can be a Phoebe :rofl:

I’m enjoying using this app, but There is one thing that irritates me when I log on.
The sayings and quotes are all from white middle aged men and not particularly men I admire. How about some inspirational quotes from a diverse range of people.

1 Like

Hey @Ekells1

Welcome to the Emma Community!

Updating the quotes is already on our to-do list :blush:

Would love to hear some suggestions if you have any!

1 Like

There’s lots of inspirational quotes about money, from literature, history and more recently from world commenters in this global pandemic. I just think the quotes should be from a more diverse pool of people not the standard , Branson, Jobs etc. I personally would like to see something more interesting, uplifting and encouraging.

My personal favourite

• “Don’t spend your money” - My Dad
1 Like