Important changes to the Emma Free plan

Hey guys,

We are writing to let you know that we are making some changes to our Free plan.

These changes come with the introduction of new limits in terms of the functionality you will be able to access in the app for free.

Starting from the 30th of April 2024, we’ll be transitioning the following functionality to our premium plans:

• Budgeting
  • Payday to payday tracking
  • Recurring payments
  • Networth
  • Transaction history for more than 2 months

These features will now be available on all our premium plans: Plus, Pro and Ultimate.

A little bit disappointed that more features being taken behind a pay wall. I do think the price gates are a bit too high but I love emma so its still worth it to me.

2 Likes

With these changes, it’s now a bit unclear what you actually get with the free account. May be useful to add a free account column to the plan comparison table, and add rows to make it explicitly clear what features are available in the free account.

1 Like

We are going to update the FAQ before the changes will be rolled out on the 30th.

1 Like

Does this mean a free user will no longer be able to see planned payments and remaining money for the remainder of the pay period?

What will it do?

Only analytics will be available on the free Plan, Budgeting (with committed spending) is sitting in the premium plans.

What does payday to payday tracking mean in the opening post? I took removal of this feature mentioned in the opening post to mean monthly analytics would no longer be available in the free plan.

This is the budgeting period which is set via Budgeting.

1 Like