Emma's Weekly Quiz

Perhaps this week’s theme is Hide And Seek

Q1. Where am I?

:rofl:

1 Like

Hey @Ekells1

So sorry you didn’t manage to catch the quiz this week. You’re correct in saying that it expires at 6pm on Sunday. I’ll pass this info onto the rest of the team so they can check for any errors :pray:

Seems like this would be best to be and easy enough to do. Should have been done a long time ago really.

1 Like

Another quiz win, hopefully I’ll get some cash out of it 1 day :joy:

Are there any actual prize winners?

4 Likes

Yes, I agree, it would be nice if Emma told us who had won.

2 Likes

I’ve seen quite a few posts about this. Never heard of a winner or when the draws take place and if there was a winner at all. Also see mention many months ago about a leaderboard that was just about to be released but no leaderboard has appeared. I’m not even sure a leaderboard solves the problem though. Any more information on the draw frequency and winners anywhere? I think in some countries you’re supposed to make some of this information available in order to be able to run competitions / lotto style games. Makes me a little suspicious with many people asking for more information and not getting any answers?! Mentioned to support many, many times but get fobbed off and eventually told to reach out to the community?!

1 Like

Heyyy @willsaunders :wave:

Welcome to the Emma Community!

We’ve been working on a few other features so nothing has been rolled out for this yet!

What do you think we should be doing instead of creating a leaderboard? :blush:

Sorry, I didn’t see this message @rebekah.

Here is a list of what seem like easy things that would resolve some of people’s issues with the quiz.

• make the prize draw terms and conditions (which must exist somewhere) more easily accessible, a link to them before and after taking part in the quiz for example
  • make it known when the draws take place. It’s not clear for example if there is a draw for each quiz, you run 10 quizzes and do a draw, or run a draw once a year for everyone that has been successful with the quiz. This can be done in the now more easy to access terms and conditions but also at the beginning and end of taking part in the quiz
  • announce the winner on social media at make it clear which platforms or just use all of them, unless they choose to be anonymous which you can ask them about when giving them a prize. If they choose to be anonymous, still announce what area they are from and their initials perhaps, as this still offers some transparency without causing a privacy problem. For example, WS from Worcestershire won this week’s prize of £500. You could make it clear how winners are announced in the terms and conditions of the quiz and before starting and after completing.

These things will help with the transparency and avoid people feeling suspicious about it and wanting to get in touch about it and should not be too onerous to implement. Some of it could even be started from today going forward.

Do you see any problems with this or any reasons why it wouldn’t be a good idea?

Will

1 Like

Hey @willsaunders

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - some great ideas in there!

I’ll pass these onto the rest of the team, and we’ll have a chat about it all :blush:

Any follow-up on this? When are the winners announced and where? (Have any ever been announced? For all everyone knows, nobody has actually ever been picked?)

The quiz could bring a new angle of virality to members talking about the quiz on social media, but it needs to be more transparent. If people can see others winning, they’re more likely to enter, talk about it, and refer.

2 Likes

Hey James!

The team are working on making changes, but nothing to officially report yet! The community will be the first to know about any changes though :blush:

@rebekah @edoardomoreni Interesting response. Where are the current terms and conditions for the giveaway?

I ask this because I wouldn’t be surprised after some time if someone puts in a complaint at the ASA/CAP regarding promotional marketing with no terms available at the time of entering.

I’m just a fellow marketer trying to help :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Any update on outcomes from chats and any updates at all on any movement forward here or what has been getting worked on exactly? It’s been a long time now and there is a lot that could very easily be actioned here. It makes it all seem a bit mysterious when there is no transparency or place to find out answers to this stuff. For all we know it could just be completely fraudulent. Maybe there is only one winner a year, maybe there is no winner at all?!

I really think someone needs to read the Promotional marketing: Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) by the ASA as well as the general Promotions and competitions advice, before Emma land themselves in hot water.

All promotional marketing should clearly include all significant T&C’s upfront in initial marketing material.

Hi @rebekah Just to let you know, a question in this week’s quiz on famous women is wrong… :roll_eyes: Marie Curie won two nobel prizes (kind of a big deal) one in Physics, yes, but also one in Chemistry! Check it out.

1 Like

Hey @DbStella :wave:

I’m so sorry - the question was supposed to be " What did Marie Curie win a Nobel Prize for first?" :disappointed:

We’ll make sure all questions are triple checked going forward

1 Like

News, any? Really shouldn’t take this long to get back to some of the outstanding points on this and also make some of the easier to make transparency updates.

2 Likes

Hi! I didn’t get a notification to say about the quiz on Saturday and I couldn’t located the quiz on Instagram either.
Would this be because I’ve only just joined Emma?
Thanks! :smiley:

Hey @Bexxasaurustea :wave:

When did you join Emma? The quiz runs for 24 hours from 3pm every Saturday!

You can also check your notifications by going to More, then clicking the cog in the top right corner.

And if you head to our Insta page you should see the quiz on our stories now :raised_hands:

I joined Thursday! Still getting used to it, hoping it becomes clearer on payday.

My notifications are all on but no notification came through and it didn’t show up anywhere :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ll see if it appears next Saturday :smiley:

1 Like