Emma year in review

I most definitely did not, or I would be homeless by now!

The stats are incredibly skewed by transfers between accounts. Moving money to a savings account is not really “spending”!

3 Likes

Aren’t the transfers between your accounts categorised as ‘excluded’?

1 Like

Yes, lots of them, but not transactions to unconnected accounts, because I like to keep track of them!

Ah ok, I mentioned something similar to this previously

1 Like

Exactly!

We almost need higher level categories, maybe Spending and Holding, because sending 1k to a savings account can mess up all the analytics in one fell swoop.

I do want to track my savings, but I don’t want them categorised as spending :man_shrugging:

1 Like

We don’t have a way to exclude this stuff. :see_no_evil:

You also need to account that probably less than 0.5% of the users are in this situation. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You could if you wanted to exclude transactions tagged as savings/investments from spending analytics, as per link above.

Re only 0.5% of users in this situation - Presumably this could go up considerably now that it is difficult for you to connect to savings accounts (due to open banking limitations) so transactions previously categorised as excluded now need to be categorised as something else.

1 Like

Yes, this is true.

In my case, I have categorised them all as Excluded, so the learning takes care of it. :slight_smile: