Emma Pockets/Pots 🇬🇧 - 4.34% AER

Just seen the email and pop-up message regarding Clear Bank…bummer :disappointed: Appreciate the goodwill gesture of course.
Is there an update on any interest rates with Santander International for any new Easy Access Pot?

Yes, we’ll know more next week.

Our partner is working to add 2-3 more banks to their panel which we can plug in next month.

There might also be a chance ClearBank is back in the next few weeks. They need to resolve some bureaucracy.

1 Like

Any updates on this at all?

I’m missing having my savings in Emma, even though I’m in the market leading 3.55% Chip!

1 Like

We don’t have an update yet unfortunately.

We are currently waiting to hear from the bank we had to remove (the same as Chip) and our partner is looking for a few more custodian banks to add. It will get better, we just need to wait a few more weeks.

1 Like

I have some news!

We might be able to launch with a new bank in the short term. The interest rate would be 3.40%.

5 Likes

Love to hear it :raised_hands:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Thank you ahah

Breakin news: the rate is going up to 3%. :slight_smile:

We just need to send a communication out.

We have just introduced a new Santander product that is able to offer up to 3.04% AER.

Existing customers will need to withdraw and deposit in the new product.

Anyone else can just open a new Easy Access Pot.

1 Like

Would there be a way to produce a bills pot which takes recurring card payments? Even with the functionality to round up and move to the savings product? :joy::sweat_smile:

Yes, this is not difficult to build.

We have put it on pause cause at the moment the “best” way to build this is by setting up a direct debit on your current account and take the money from there every week or so.

1 Like

There is some progress made by Open Banking - it will allow us to make variable recurring payments, but it’s still early days.

1 Like

exciting news!! :tada:

These are all our new rates:

Free - 1.51%
Plus - 1.91%
Pro - 2.78%
Ultimate - 3.04%

These are AER values.

On Tuesday, we should be announcing the interest going up to 3.15% AER.

We are working on a 4% account, but nothing is confirmed yet.

3 Likes

Sounds great…the more % the better :grin:
I’d love to have everything in Emma for convenience, even at the expense of a few 0.x% so am looking forward to hearing more about the 4% option :sunglasses:

1 Like

Love to hear that! :purple_heart:

These are now in the app, official interest rates:

Emma Free - 1.66% AER

Emma Plus - 2.07% AER

Emma Pro - 2.94% AER

Emma Ultimate - 3.20% AER

2 Likes

Great news, thanks @edoardomoreni :ok_hand:t3:

You had mentioned the team is also working on another option, a 4% account. (no doubt the 4% being for Ultimate users, with lower % for the other subscriber options).

How is this coming along, got a rough time line yet?
And if one opens a pot with today’s annount %, would it be an automatic change to the higher % once you’ve opened the new account, or would one have to withdraw from the EA pot and then open a new one again to get the higher %? (the latter assuming it would be from a different financial institution).