Emma 3.0 Designs

Some comments after a few days of use…

• Unlike some others, I quite like that credit card accounts have been moved to the Debt grouping. But this is probably because I don’t enter any loans into Emma. So for me, the total Debt figure represents my total credit card debt, which is very useful to see as a summary figure on the feed. I think the only way to please everyone here would be to give us some control over what groups our accounts are assigned to and how many groups appear on the feed. Some might prefer to have more than 4 groups on the feed - e.g. current, savings, credit cards, loans, ISA, GIA, Crypto

• One thing I’ve long wanted is a view where accounts are grouped by bank - not to replace account type grouping, but as a supplementary view. The new bank logins screen (which lists accounts imported, grouped by bank) is potentially a way to achieve this. I wonder if you could consider putting account balances next to the accounts in the bank logins screen? Also, potentially links to accounts.

• I’m not keen on the pastellisation of the colour scheme. I liked the more abundant use of bold colurs in the previous version of the app to create contrast. But again, this is an area where it will never be possible to please everyone. Whilst I’m not keen on the change, it’s no big deal.

2 Likes