Daily Spend Budget

The one thing I miss about my previous spending app is having a Daily Spend budget. (total budget minus subs and divided by the reminder of days in the pay period). I got this notification daily on the last app and found it really useful at keeping me on track with my budgeting. Might it be something Emma looks to introduce?

Thanksn

Hey Olivia :wave:

Do you envisage having a notification if you’ve gone over this daily budget or just having somewhere you can see it?

Hi Joel,

Personally I’d just like to see it as I know if I buy a new coat or something it will see it as ‘going over’. But then for it to readjust for the remainder of the payment period would keep me on track.

A notification might be useful to people who tend to make a lot of small transactions in one day though?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi both,

I would like to be able to see at a glance how much money I can spend per day at an average. This for me would be (total budget remaining) / (days till next payday). I currently do this manually.

@Eneekay would weekly suffice or is it specifically the daily calculation?

I would personally prefer a daily total rather than weekly.

Thanks!

Hi Joel,

I think daily would work better for me.

1 Like

@Eneekay what would your daily budget apply to? Would it apply to discretionary spending or all spending?

I have an update on this!

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 18.26.15

It’s not a budget, but it will show your “daily allowance” till the end of the budgeting period. It’s coming in the next app update. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is live in the app. :slight_smile:

How do you set the daily budget I cant find the feature in the app anywhere is it an emma pro, ultimate feature?

I think a great idea for the future would be to have a splash screen when new features roll out just once when you open the app so more people can learn them and see how to use them. Similar to how apple does it for new IOS updates.

@Connor

Hey @Vladanm999, this is in the budgeting functionality of the app. :slight_smile:

I cant seem to see the feature in my app can you explain where it is

I don’t think you are on the latest version? You can check this in Settings, at the bottom of the screen.

Im on version 4.4.0 there isn’t any updates available in the app store

If you are over budget, it doesn’t show. I think that’s the reason, we can fix this.

I think all that needs to show is the daily budget section but make it ÂŁ0 rather than it disappearing altogether, it would also be nice to have the daily budget somewhere in the home feed section rather than needing to click budgets